Hi from Toowoomba

Trotts

i am not the holder of a license at the moment but have completed my first lesson at the Darling Downs Aero Club. A lot goes on up there! Loved it. Thinking of doing completing training for LSA. Cheaper and I have no desire to fly into Brisbane etc. would maybe like to buy an LSA aircraft eventually. Just turned 60 and have had to retire. Look forward to reading the stories on this site.

Richard

• Like 4

Hi Richard, and welcome. I flew into YTWB a couple of months ago when I was doing my Cross Country endorsement.

Yes, are going for your RPL or RPC? Just do it one lesson at a time, and before you know, you'll be Australia's latest licensed pilot. It does get more awesome as you progress.

By the way, there is a lot of G class airspace over and around Brisbane if you want to take a little look around.

What aircraft are you flying?

Cheers, Tony

Hi Young Richard! 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

You're going to love it here, and "Up There"! At 75 I started my RPC training a few weeks ago and am enjoying every minute of it, even if the old brain takes a little longer to soak up the info than it might have done 50 years ago, so I say, "Go for it"..

... Mike

• Agree 1

Welcome Richard! Retire!! What's that? Husband retired at 74 and now has 400 years of work ahead of him, although we are now finding more time for flying. He also says he "has one more plane" in him and it has been about 10 years since he finished building the last one. Keep active, keep learning.

012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Sue