Hi Bonjour Hola Gamarxobat

Did I really ??? 2015? Ooops. I only really started on the road to building and flying this year so hopefully my posts will become more frequent and probably once the build starts more annoying.As for the Diesel, its a long story... but I am very interested by the Gaz'aille which is powered by a TUD 4 peogot/citroen ally block diesel. I got hold of a TUD5 and the idea was for my two sons who are into mechanical engineering could strip and rebuild that before embarking on the TUD4. Anyway in the meantime they have gone off to uni and I am left to face a very long build indeed, so with that in mind I decided that the Savannah was a more realistic project to get into the air before I get too old. The Gaz'aille is still on the cards and I want to build it but I will do that at a much more leisurely pace and concentrate on cost and weight saving, as is the spirit of the project.

There are more better choices for converting a car engine to an Aircraft engine,take a look on web for the Boxer engines made for Auto, you will meet lots of good options , anyway today we can convert very easily any engine to different combustible , Fuel to Gasoil, Gasoil to Fuel, Fuel to LPG, Gasoil to LPG, all is possible

• Agree 1

Oh about Chinese language I know really very few, despite of my 2 years living working in China , I lived a 45 days at Shanghai for first visit in China and then I lived about 2 years at Guangzhou at my second visit time, your profile shows you are from Sichuan , right ? 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

I'm from Melbourne originally 20+ years, then later Brisbane 20+ years, and now have lived for 10+ years in Sichuan.

Good going for a 42 year old.

• Like 1

I'm from Melbourne originally 20+ years, then later Brisbane 20+ years, and now have lived for 10+ years in Sichuan.Good going for a 42 year old.

Yeah, I'm the same Bex. . .I get used to one place,. . .then the law catches up with me and I have to do another intercontinental 'runner' . . . .

WELCOME REY ! . . .

Phil.

• Haha 3

Welcome Rey,Xavier from Darwin, born and bred in Toulouse.

I left France 11 years ago for the tropical Darwin.

Enjoy your time here.

A bientôt,

Xavier

Bonjour Xavier , merci pour le passage et le petit mot , au plaisir de se lire de temps en temps , A bientôt Rey ,026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

The Boxer Engines majority are made with dried oil pan better say is they don't have really oil pan , which is an important advantage regarding the hight of engine and the design of safe oil movement in the engine in any extreme movement and position, of course they still will need some special modification regarding to oil circuit and engine oil vapor organization, they are generally more powerful and less vibration than Stand Up engines they offer a best Nm power due to their short crankshaft also for a 6 Cylinder Engine like Porsche or 4 cylinder like Subaru Engines offer a shorter Longitude of Engine which is also important

The Boxer Engines majority are made with dried oil pan better say is they don't have really oil pan ,... safe oil movement in the engine in any extreme movement and position

They absolutely do not have a dry sump...

and

... they most certainly do have an "oil pan" and pickup, i.e. "wet sump", as per a billion other cars.

and

... they suffer oil surge just the same as any other car engine.

they are generally more powerful and less vibration than Stand Up engines they offer a best Nm power due to their short crankshaft

It's certainly true a horizontally opposed engine can offer better primary balance once sizes start getting past about 1.8 liters, but they suffer 2nd and 3rd vibration orders just the same as any other engine.

Nothing changes the fact that a reciprocating engine's piston speed is different passing through TDC compared to passing through BDC causing an imbalance, and that on most multiple cylinder engines, one piston is firing while it's mate is exhausting, also causing an imbalance. But then there's additional rocking that a flat engine has that other's do not.

Subaru's are not "more powerful", they offer standard ballpark power figures the same as their competitors, eg; their 2.0 engine produces aprox. 150 hp at 6000rpm just the same as any other major manufacturer's 2.0 engine, some less, some more, and the same with their other class sizes. A quick check with various manufacturer's websites will confirm that.

Subaru's were once simple EA71 and EA81 (1.6 and 1.8) pushrod, lightweight and bulletproof engines, still today often used for aircraft, their larger and younger brothers do not meet the expectations and standards that the EA series originally set, especially in the area of weight, very disappointing actually, wish they did. Note the jump in weight from the old EA81 weight to the modern EJ22 ...

EA-71: 1,6 liter, about 80 hp, about 78 kg(172lbs) dry weight

EA-81: 1,8 liter, 100 to 110 hp, about 85 kg(187lbs) dry weight

EJ-22: 2,2 liter, 130 to 160 hp, about 120 kg(265lbs) dry weight

EJ-25: 2,5 liter, 165 to 200 hp, about 135 kg(298lbs) dry weight

EJ-33: 3,3 liter, 225 to 275 hp, about 160 kg(353lbs) dry weight

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1