scezza

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I am writing to introduce myself and also to make 'this darn message disappear' :)

I have done around 7-8 hours in 2013 and then stopped due to some financial issues at the time. I was about to get back into it next week after my house settled but now that's not going ahead due to issues with the vendor/property I am purchasing so I may have to postpone it all again 013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif Most of my hours have been out of Essendon which is a fun place to learn due to the size of the airfield, the fact it's pretty quiet plus it's close proximity to Melbourne!

I hope I can sort out my settlement issues on my house over the next few months and get back into the air ASAP!

Cheers

Welcome Scezza,Hope you can get things on an even keel and up in the air real soon. Meanwhile you may have to go flying vicariously through this forum. What do you hope to fly?

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Sue

Thanks Sue. I expect I won't physically be in the air again until after around March but I will stick to these forums and YouTube to keep me going 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

My hours have been in a Piper Warrior II so far so I will continue with that I'd say. I was planning on going all the way through RPL and PPL and then once I had gotten my PPL I was planning on deciding whether a CPL is a viable an option for me. I am 30 next year so I don't know if a career as a pilot is now too late for me! Damn life getting in the way!!

Might be a bit late for most airlines, but really at 30 you are not old. Probably a good age to learn thoroughly. Nev

I wasn't expecting to be able to get into the airlines at my age :) But some career in aviation is very appealing to me after 10 years in sales I want to look at something I am more passionate about! Anyway, that's a long way off. RPL and PPL first 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

At about the same age as you, but many years ago I looked at going on to become a commercial pilot, then hought about all those hours waiting around for passengers to finish their meeting etc and decided to stay with flying for fun. I reckon I did the right thing, I enjoyed what I did and flying stayed fun, not a chore.

I flew into Essenden when it was the major airport, before Tullamarine.

Whichever way, enjoy it.

• Like 1