Christmas Tree

Diddy Pilot

Last weekend whilst out at the shopping centre, noticing that all the Christmas decorations were up, I thought I would go and look for a Christmas Tree. We usually have a real tree but I thought that I would look into an artificial one.

I ended up in David Jones who have a whole great Christmas section with all sorts of decorations, lights and of course artificial trees. I'm just looking at the trees and a sales assistant, no sorry I'm sure his name badge identified him as "Timothy, Sales Associate". Anyway Timothy would be early twenties, very trendy and how does one today say slightly effeminate, you know a poof. He was very effervescent and chatty, using his hands with green polished nails to wave around and express things. He starts chatting to me, and says "ooh this is a lovely tree, don't you just love it?"

I look at the tree, and yes it is not bad, 4' high, integrated lights and fake pine needles that almost look real, even having a pine tree scent. Then he places his hands on his hips and proclaims "but then again, I'm not sure I like this as much any more, I had all sorts of trouble getting it up myself". I wasn't really sure what the appropriate thing to say was but I tried to be friendly and suggested "perhaps if you were to use a little more lube"

• Haha 3