SUPAPUP INFO?

Gday have just purchased a SupaPub with Jab 80 hp but have not yet flown it (flap model 1V). I have owned a tail dragged before and have flown several others over time but was just wondering if anyone has any time in one of these? Would like any feed back as to their characteristics.

Thanks

Steve.

Gday have just purchased a SupaPub with Jab 80 hp but have not yet flown it (flap model 1V). I have owned a tail dragged before and have flown several others over time but was just wondering if anyone has any time in one of these? Would like any feed back as to their characteristics.Thanks

Steve.

Have flown a Supa Pup Mk1 and owned the Supa Pup Mk2 and Mk4 but all with two stroke engines; they are very easy to fly and very predictable. If you have ever flown a Piper Cub you will have no problems with your Supa Pup.

I know that it was a typing error but please don't attempt to fly your ' SUPAPUB' 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Alan.

• Haha 1

Thanks Alan and yes won't attempt to fly the "SuperPub" never was fond of auto correct. Used to own a Fisher Koala, much slower (55knt) with a lot more lift and totally different wing profile, docile wonderful little plane.( until you flew somewhere and the wind came up) But have 3 aircraft with nose wheels since then that all fly different, will probably give this one a go next wk after doing the W&B at the local airfield , this one has the Jab motor so I'll give it a good looking over prior to flight. Fortunately it's the solid lifter as was my last so very basic.

Yeah thanks Nev (it was auto correct by the way) Yes they seem to be a solid little aircraft , not sure how many of the MK1V's are around (4 VH registered in NSW I believe ). It appears the only difference between the MK1V and the MK4 ( which are the same value of course, why you wouldn't call it a MK5 Nowbody knows) is I think a folding wing and a little bit less span I have been told, maybe Alan may know? being an ex SupaPup owner.

Steve.

Nope. My one has an Aerovee so Id say yours as a single seater and a Jab engine should have quite a nice climb rate and cruise.

Just out of curiosity what do the single seat jab powered supapups weigh in at?

Morning Brett & Merry Xmas, yes interesting question she comes in at 249 kg empty. Not sure where the weight is but that seems heavy to me, I just sold an SKJab and that was only 259 empty so I guess I'll be losing some weight. It's plackarded 340 MAUW but I believe they were increased to 380???

I have no idea about the single seat MTOW or that sort of thing. Mine came in at just over 320kg for the two seater. I think a lot of weight is in the wings. 3 x spars and a heap of ribs, throw in a painter like me being a bit eager on the trigger of the spray gun and suddenly kilo's start adding up. I added some wooden floor protection under the seats and also included a cargo bay so that all counts as well.

I'd love to fly a single seat version one day just to see how they compair.

-Brett

Yeah thanks Nev (it was auto correct by the way) Yes they seem to be a solid little aircraft , not sure how many of the MK1V's are around (4 VH registered in NSW I believe ). It appears the only difference between the MK1V and the MK4 ( which are the same value of course, why you wouldn't call it a MK5 Nowbody knows) is I think a folding wing and a little bit less span I have been told, maybe Alan may know? being an ex SupaPup owner.Steve.

As far as I am aware there was only one type of Supa Pup Mk 4 or Mk1V whatever you preference and they all had the folding wings. I am unaware of two variants but I could be wrong.

Alan.

DSC00757.JPG.c95476d57fd105e732f2b6f279973a94.JPG

58.jpg.901c9b9afb4731bd8524863409fab809.jpg

Morning Brett & Merry Xmas, yes interesting question she comes in at 249 kg empty. Not sure where the weight is but that seems heavy to me, I just sold an SKJab and that was only 259 empty so I guess I'll be losing some weight. It's plackarded 340 MAUW but I believe they were increased to 380???

Gave her another weigh in without tool kits , fuel etc etc with proper scales and bought my self some leeway it's 229kg so I guess I don't have to lose as much weight as my Mrs keeps telling me!

Give us a call when you reach 2,000ft on your first flight.....just a loud Yeehah!! will do as I shall probably hear you from my house north of Adelaide. 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gifAlan.

Well 2hrs even went to 3500 to do the stall tests yelled several times but no reply?

That's great :) It should go really well.

Brett

Gday Brett well clocked 2hrs yesterday and 1hr today and very happy with the performance , climb out @ 65 gives 1000 fpm, 2600 rpm gives 80 knt, 2700 gives 85 & 2800 gives 90. Not sure about fuel burn yet but all gauges stayed in the first 1/3 of the green, did a heap of stalls all in all very happy.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Well 2hrs even went to 3500 to do the stall tests yelled several times but no reply?

Congrats on your successful flight, I know that you will enjoy your Supa Pup which, like Piper Cubs and Austers should last for many years.

I did hear your shouting but I have a bit of a sore throat so I was probably shouting back on the wrong frequency.096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif

Alan.

Gday Brett well clocked 2hrs yesterday and 1hr today and very happy with the performance , climb out @ 65 gives 1000 fpm, 2600 rpm gives 80 knt, 2700 gives 85 & 2800 gives 90. Not sure about fuel burn yet but all gauges stayed in the first 1/3 of the green, did a heap of stalls all in all very happy.

Sounds like pretty good performance to me ;)

You'll be racking those hours up in no time. Same sort of speeds as the Aeropup but a much better climb rate as expected.