Batteries for jabs

hyundai

i have a j160 2200 I have used in the past odyssey batteries 525 - 625 cca. The last odyssey was on the verg of quitting I rang around and heard about the Full River battries I was a bit sceptical. They are quite a bit cheaper

I bit the bullet and bought one a 525 CCA. I have room on the top engine side of the firewall on the top so the battery sits vertical this battry is a little bigger so I didn't mind shifting it. The first time I started I was shocked it spun it over so fast none of the other battries where As good so if I get 2-3 years I will be happy. One thing I have added is a solar panel I would recommend any one To give these battries a go.

HiI have been using a Full River battery for over 4 years in my Jab since the Odyssey failed. Full River still performing flawlessly.

John

That is good to hear as I said cheaper battry less life do you use a solar panel Cheers.

Is there any advantage to using a solar panel?I stopped using a panel years ago and got better life from my Odyssey. Haven't used it with the Fullriver.

The battry people say it good to have a trickle going in when not in use.

• Haha 1

...then my tiny 120CCA battery might be the best match- it could only just turn the engine over fast enough.

With my jab if the batt does not turn it quick enough and cold mornings is the worst times. But I should say when it starts it will start all day. I rebuilt my engine and the flywheel bolts where tight with locktight. Cheers

That is good to hear as I said cheaper battry less life do you use a solar panel Cheers

Hi I do not use a solar panel. I did fit an anderson plug to the aircraft to allow an external battery start in case of low battery.

Cheers

John