Endorsements between Rec Aus and GA licence

Hi all

I'm getting differing opinions on a question of a CSU endorsement.

All of my Rec Aus endorsements have previously transitioned to GA. But I asked if I could do a CSU endorsement in a Rec Aus aircraft and have it transition. The Rec Aus aircraft is available:plane:

I'm still current in Rec Aus and a full member.

Put simply can a PPL, RPL holder do an endorsement in a Rec Aus aircraft and then fly in GA CSU equipped aircraft. 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif

I'm aware the BFR in GA covers Rec Aus but not the reverse.

Cheers

The transition to RPL or PPL requires training and a Flight Review in that larger GA heavier aircraft, so it would follow that CSU or Retract would need to be completed in the same way in the larger heavier aircraft.

There was quite a lot of differing opinions around the hangars that had me place the Thread. Once I received an email suggesting I call CASA I did.

• Like 1

Given that most things are competency based. If you are trained well enough in an RA aircraft surely a GA AFR should suffice? Providing you use the same aircraft type in both categories.

For example if you trained CSU in an RA registered sling then used a sling that was identical apart from GA registration for your GA check

I hold an RA XC rating, and held a GA GFPT (from 2003), now transitioned to an RPL. My RA XC rating was recognised by CASA for my RPL, the rating was carried out well after my GFPT :)

So, CASA do recognise RA endorsements even if they've been done post RPL. The form is not clear on this, but it can be done.

It's all about aircraft type size I was told.

Yes my BAK, radio, ELP and XC all went over automatically to the RPL and PPL

But tailwheel, CSU need to be done as part of the Flight Review for the RPL ,PPL or do it later in the GA aircraft that is a tailwheel with CSU.

Whilst CSU and tailwheel skills and learning are the same it's the aircraft size that's the difference.

It made sense when explained. I could have done the initial Flight Review in a GA tailwheel aircraft with a CSU and it would have been easier. No problem I just need to do the CSU in a 182 or similar.