Airmanship

Just got back from a really great weekend at Clifton - Kudos to the organisers for a well run event.

I have only one gripe. I was 'blown away' (pun intended) by the number of pilots who blasted other aeroplanes, people and tents with stones, grit and grass with ther propwash.

In every case ( and I saw 4 or 5), the pilots used fistfuls of power to manoeuvre their aeroplanes into and out of tight parking spots - while there were a number of marshalls and other pilots available to help manhandle the aircraft.

Please guys - consider what's behind you when you start up. If someone's pride and joy (or an open hangar) is behind you - please move your aeroplane by hand onto the taxiway.

• Agree 1

Completely agree. This was taught early in my training and I include it with other basic good manners my parents taught me.

Here is another: yesterday morning at YCAB a plane was on a close base, I was waiting to enter the runway, a warbird was waiting next to me for his turn. Then a motor glider comes along and rolls straight onto the runway and takes off, and actually makes a call saying "I'm cutting in". Manners maketh the person.

• Agree 2