Hello from Greenville Texas

Dan Brown

Just got a Kitfox IV with a new uninstalled 582 blue head that needs a prop.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Welcome Dan. . . .

Nice airplane mate ! . . .we had one until recently at our field, although it had a Rotax 912 powerplant. . . I dunno what prop you'll need with that, we built a Bluetop 582 powered X'Air Mk 1 some years ago, and that used an Arplast 3 blade composite prop, but I can't recall the type / code details of that propeller. It DID work very well with the engine / airframe combo though. . .6350 RPM at full power in flight ( not static ) and we had an oil injection system on it with a 3 litre oil tank. . . whch was easier for lazy folk in the large syndicate than mixing the 2 stroke oil with the gas. . . "Gee,. . .did we remember to put oil in that can. . .? ? ? "

Anyway, keep us updated withh how you get on with that. . . if no one here can help with the Prop type, you could try BMAA.org or LAA in the UK, there are quite a few Kitfoxes around in the UK, and someone will surely be able to help on their respective forums. . .

Phil.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gifWelcome Dan. . . .

Nice airplane mate ! . . .we had one until recently at our field, although it had a Rotax 912 powerplant. . . I dunno what prop you'll need with that, we built a Bluetop 582 powered X'Air Mk 1 some years ago, and that used an Arplast 3 blade composite prop, but I can't recall the type / code details of that propeller. It DID work very well with the engine / airframe combo though. . .6350 RPM at full power in flight ( not static ) and we had an oil injection system on it with a 3 litre oil tank. . . whch was easier for lazy folk in the large syndicate than mixing the 2 stroke oil with the gas. . . "Gee,. . .did we remember to put oil in that can. . .? ? ? "

Anyway, keep us updated withh how you get on with that. . . if no one here can help with the Prop type, you could try BMAA.org or LAA in the UK, there are quite a few Kitfoxes around in the UK, and someone will surely be able to help on their respective forums. . .

Phil.

Thanks for the prop info. Oil injection is next task I will tackle after the prop. I will likely be asking you questions on that subject when the time comes.

Just got a Kitfox IV with a new uninstalled 582 blue head that needs a prop.

My MiniMax has a 60 hp 2 stroke engine with 2.55:1 gearbox, so both airframe & engine are not too dissimilar to yours. The prop I made for mine was a 2 blade wooden one, 65" dia and 42" pitch. It gives me a climb rate of around 900fpm and a max level speed of about 85mph at my max gross of 300kg (660 pounds).