Savannah sunshade

mcrowley

Re the lexan and tinting. Had mine tinted with film by an automotive company. Still perfect 3 years later . Only problem was I found it still transmitted radiant heat on hot days so I opted for a roller blind as well as mentioned earlier by garymc. Bought it at Spotlight for very little. Cut it to shape and it works like a charm. Now have the best of both worlds and it works so well I would not be without them. If I had to choose one I think it would be the blind. Bob.

Would you mind sharing pics if you can?

Yes I used a UV 99% block film used on cars but it was quite expensive.Mark

SFAIK, most acrylic/polycarbonate blocks out 97% of UV. Many optometrists have a UV checking instrument and I've seen demos where even plain, clear material working almost as well as tinted in terms of UV. I've flown hundreds of hours in full sunshine inside a slightly tinted glider glider canopy and can't say that I've had any noticeable skin colour change apart from when I take off my rose tinted sunnies.

Heat's another thing altogether and the heat goes straight through perspex. But in a sailplane, you need max vision and a sunshade is an absolute nono.

D

[ATTACH]50079[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]50080[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]50081[/ATTACH]mccrowley,

Here are some pics. Hope they help. Don't know why I can't put them where I want them.

Bob

It seems to fit nicely, Bob.