Aviation News - What do you want?

Admin

I have done an indepth analysis of the Aviation News feature on the site and I believe that in its current form it has outlived its service. The technical issues now are many with lots of news sources now blocking access to their news content by outside sites and only allowing access through rss feed link clicking i.e. you just get a heading and you have to click it to read the story on the news source web site which means sending you here, there and everywhere on the internet..

This means that I will be removing the current version of the Aviation News section however, I then need to come up with a better way to provide Aviation News to users, how they want to know about news, how they want to use the news function, what news sources they want to access and how?

I am open to ideas how you would like to see these questions answered. Please let me know here so I can help you

• 4 weeks later...

Ian,

Your first paragraph explains why these stories can't be accessed. The explanation reduces my frustration, but now there's the problem stated in the second paragraph.

As I see it, the news section as is now should be deleted as it's an annoyance not linking to stories. The sources are usually OK, but the search bot seems to latch on to anything with the word 'aerpolane' in it. That catches a lot of irrelevant stuff.

Not being an IT guru, I can't suggest solutions. Sorry.

OME