Importing used plane from US

I have imported planes from Australia to China, I stuck them in containers and sent them via a shipping company. Standard container fee, rent, local delivery, I forgot sorry, less than 4K?

I would like to write a 10,000 word thesis on it, but it was actually that simple.

Adrian are you aware that the Australian agent for this aircraft imports the kits and helps customers assemble them? I know him well and he lives nearby. Do you want his contact details?

Adrian did you get my message re contact details of local importer?

My vote goes to a kit from Ole , damn fine machine and very tough with suspension that can take anything a sensible pilot could throw at it.

And local so no exchange rate costs. I could be a great deal cheaper including freight and fees.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I know I am a tad biased but I do love my hornet. It is heavier than a superstol and that does cost performance but it is still a super capable stol performer and is built to last.

I know have seen quite a bit of the superstol and it is super impressive there is no doubt about that but I do prefer aluminium over fabric AND having the factory nice and close with faultless customer service is a winner for me.

Having said that I do like Brett and am sure he would also be willing to go the extra mile for a customer, maybe I am just biased because the hornet was my first plane:blush:

• Like 1

I like the hornet but doesn't quite tick all the boxes.Plus I am trying to stay away from rotax engines.

A new plane is a big purchase, perhaps three to five times the cost of buying a car. Worth lots of research.

Ole designs aircraft for inland Australian conditions. Why not take a trip to Taree and see him and his team? You'll be impressed.

As I live on the western side of the great divide I want a plane that doesn't need a airport or airstrip for that matter.

I like to explore out of the way places and a good stol plane will take me there.

Thats on my bucket list.

I know I am a tad biased but I do love my hornet. It is heavier than a superstol and that does cost performance but it is still a super capable stol performer and is built to last.I know have seen quite a bit of the superstol and it is super impressive there is no doubt about that but I do prefer aluminium over fabric AND having the factory nice and close with faultless customer service is a winner for me.

Having said that I do like Brett and am sure he would also be willing to go the extra mile for a customer, maybe I am just biased because the hornet was my first plane:blush:

Spoken like a pilot who knows the real world uses and abuses of such a beasty. I agree, the Superstol might be great as a party trick but the Hornet is mighty handy and has a enormous cargo hold. Ole is in my opinion the best maker of tough stol planes in the world- built for real world bush conditions and strong enough to survive mishaps. The Superstol aircraft are a bit fragile in my opinion esp if all goes to poo - that lovely light structure is not a great friend in a crash.

I am a big fan of alloy covered aircraft with a substantial cockpit structure- the Hornet is all that and more.

Ole will even do a very cool full shock absorber suspension rear for you, if real hard landings are your thing, or towing gliders etc. He also has all the other designs including the new Flamingo- If that machine is not Super stol enough, I will eat my hat. Do yourself a huge favour and have a trip to Taree, call before and I am sure your will have a fun time and get a flight in one of his machines, plus a factory tour. I am sure you will leave with a new understanding of these Stol aircraft.

Then you will be in a much more informed position to make a decision.

If the Rotax thing is a bother- he can do a radial Rotec, a Lycoming, your own engine-say a car motor or even a turboprop if you can afford it.

If it is just cost you could consider a used engine instead.

• Agree 1

That flamingo is a work of art, from what I have seen I don't think there is anything in an all metal construction to compare it with!

Adrian I rarely land on an airstrip and totally understand those sentiments. It is well worth the trip to Taree to see Ole's setup and with a little prior notice they are always Very accomodating and as far as I am concerned even if you aren't buying a hornet you would leave learning something.