New mile stone first Area Solo today

After a quick check ride.

As the title says I was allowed to stretch my legs out to the training area instead of just practicing circuits with out an instructor it was very a very nice surprise and it was heavenly.

Pity the gusting 10-13kts crosswinds on the touch and go's made a mockery of my landing / directional control.

Day ended with instructor taking me through grass landings on a short strip which is really no different to any other landing except teaching me how to nail that touchdown point every time.

• Like 7
  • Winner 3

Congratulations!

I remember my first area solo better than my first solo, it is an awesome feeling flying away from the circuit by yourself for the first time!

• Agree 3

Ah yes, not that far back for me either. It was as you say, heavenly, when the instructor says go on, go out and enjoy yourself, do a circuit of the training area.

And of course while you're out there you have a real good look around, I know I did and I even came across a wedge tailed eagle, he had a look at me and I had a look at him. Will never forget it.

Lots more enjoyment to come. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif 020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif

• Like 2

As the title says I was allowed to stretch my legs out to the training area.

Well done! How long did it take you to get the smile of your face?

wait 'till you fly a Learjet, then you'll know what flying is all about....lol

Nah!!! You`ve gotta fly an Austflight, WB Drifter! Lear jets fly themselves! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Frank.

• Agree 1

That's great, every step is a new one with flying, wait 'till you fly a Learjet, then you'll know what flying is all about....lol

I really like feeling the plane hence why i like gliders, turboprops etc jets dont excite me.

Well done! How long did it take you to get the smile of your face?

Nah!!! You`ve gotta fly an Austflight, WB Drifter! Lear jets fly themselves! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Frank.

Smile was on face for the rest of the day. I flew better with out the instructor but that might be because i didnt feel pressured with him there.

• Like 3

Smile was on face for the rest of the day. I flew better with out the instructor but that might be because i didnt feel pressured with him there.

Goodonya! That`s great! Never stop learning.

Frank.

I don't know why sport pilots want to fly Jets. They have less "character" than pistons, lack sheer thrust and are easier to manage, so what's the challenge? If you do aeros ,they go out of view. They are in their element above 35,000 feet where everything seems to happen slowly, and you have no sensation of speed. A Grumman Ag Cat would put on a better low level display. Nev

• Agree 1