Giant Vickers VC10 Airliner. Filmed in UltraHD and 4K

dominicm

This giant VC10 has a wingspan of 4.9 metres and length of 5.75 metres. Total weight is 63 kgs. The model is powered by 4 Wren Super Sport micro gas turbine engines each of which has 18 kg of thrust.

• Like 1

Used to be nicknamed the "Iron Duck". About the noisiest aeroplane built at the time. Noisy outside, not so much inside, unless you are down the back. The people who build these models sure are dedicated. It probably dutch rolls too , with that sweepback. Nev

Loved it!

The VC10 always looks magic in the air, especially if you have a good set of ear-plugs.

I'm heading to the UK next week and will be going to a jet fly day on the 19th August at Long Marston with my nephew.

Just wondering whether you'd also be there Dominic?

Rgds Planey.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the VC10 too . I distinctly remember the last time I saw one in the air . It was about 5 years ago , driving up the M5 motorway in England near Gloucester when one flew overhead probably enroute to RAF Brize Norton . I said to my wife " take a look , you'll never see another one flying " , sadly that was the case .. A.British classic .

Dave