Old Station Mourns.

I was very sorry to hear Leonie Creed has passed away.

A lovely women; who, with her late husband George brought aviation awareness to many thousands of visitors at the Old Station Aviation events that have been held over the past 20 odd years.

I had never seen her without a big smile at any of the events, Leonie will be sadly missed.

Graeme

• Agree 2
  • Informative 4

There were a lot of people there to say their last farewells. The family were coping as well as could be expected. grand daughter Josephine gave a wonderful tribute to her, Son Ronnie sketched a bit of her way of life and Son Andrew was obviously very sad, She was taken from the big tent to a waiting helicopter for her last flight to the top of the hill overlooking the homestead.

For those who didn't know Leonie, she was the prevailing force behind the Old Station Flyins after the death of her husband George a few years ago.

Over the years the fly in has raised half a million dollars for charity, and just over two weeks ago Leonie was at the handover of cheques for about $61000 to charity,

Leonie is sorely missed by all who knew her as she inspired us all. To work with her at those fly ins was a great priveledge. As was knowing all the Creed family.

• Like 10
  • Winner 2

Maybe not the real end of an era. We still have the next generations of the Creed family and they have been doing their bit for years.

From what I've been told we may not see any more aviation events at Old Station which will be very dissapointing to say the least; let's hope in isn't going to happen.

We "ALL" have to support these events to make sure they don't disappear.

From what I've been told we may not see any more aviation events at Old Station which will be very dissapointing to say the least; let's hope in isn't going to happen.We "ALL" have to support these events to make sure they don't disappear.

I don't know where you are getting your information from? I am a member of the Old Station Flying Club and there has been no talk of ending the show. It was announced that there will be no airshow next year ( 2018 ) because the Creed family have a large family event to host / organise.

While the loss of Leonie has had an enormous impact, as Yenn has said above the next generation play a massive role in the event as well as the members of the OS Flying Club.

Your comment about having to support theses events whilst true in general, it is misleading in reference to Old Station by insinuating a lack of support. The last 2 shows have had over 200 aircraft attend, as well as hundreds of caravans & campers in tents. As a result of the 2016 show over $46,000.00 was presented to charities. This year that amount was increased to over $61,000.00.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

The

I don't know where you are getting your information from? I am a member of the Old Station Flying Club and there has been no talk of ending the show. It was announced that there will be no airshow next year ( 2018 ) because the Creed family have a large family event to host / organise.While the loss of Leonie has had an enormous impact, as Yenn has said above the next generation play a massive role in the event as well as the members of the OS Flying Club.

Your comment about having to support theses events whilst true in general, it is misleading in reference to Old Station by insinuating a lack of support. The last 2 shows have had over 200 aircraft attend, as well as hundreds of caravans & campers in tents. As a result of the 2016 show over $46,000.00 was presented to charities. This year that amount was increased to over $61,000.00.

I knew there was no airshow in 2018 because of the large Creed family function; this was mentioned to me long before this years airshow.

In my comment above I said : [We "ALL" have to support these events to make sure they don't disappear] these meaning; events Australia wide.

Having attended nearly all the Old Station Flyin's over the years I have seen it grow to what it is today and the Creed family and organisers have an event to be extremely proud of; which I know they do realise.

The massive support of the visitors to this years airshow and the raising of the $61,000.00 for charities proves the popularity of this event and will encourage all to continue the Old Station flyin long into the future.

TheI knew there was no airshow in 2018 because of the large Creed family function; this was mentioned to me long before this years airshow.

In my comment above I said : [We "ALL" have to support these events to make sure they don't disappear] these meaning; events Australia wide.

Graeme you say "From what I have been told......" and "this was mentioned to me.......", but will not quote a credible source, without which this can only be called a rumour.

You tell people to support events, but in the same post spread a rumour that Old Station is finished, that is not what I would consider support.

• Agree 1