Hi all, newbie from YMMB

HonkyNerdPilot

Hi all!

I'm a newbie who got my RPL in Moorabbin Airport at Learn To Fly Melbourne on the Sling 2. I currently fly in the Hong Kong Aviation Club however I am moving back mid-November. I am 18 years old and from Hong Kong, name is Howard and some people call me Honky Nerd as I am from Hong Kong (although I study in the Aussie school here) and I can be a nerd at times in front of airplanes.

When I move back I aim to complete my PPL, RA-Aus Instructor Rating, CPL and then the Grade 3 flying instructor rating.

Great to be here and looking forward to learn more!

--

Honky Nerd

• Like 1

Hi all!I'm a newbie who got my RPL in Moorabbin Airport at Learn To Fly Melbourne on the Sling 2. I currently fly in the Hong Kong Aviation Club however I am moving back mid-November. I am 18 years old and from Hong Kong, name is Howard and some people call me Honky Nerd as I am from Hong Kong (although I study in the Aussie school here) and I can be a nerd at times in front of airplanes.

When I move back I aim to complete my PPL, RA-Aus Instructor Rating, CPL and then the Grade 3 flying instructor rating.

Great to be here and looking forward to learn more!

--

Honky Nerd

Welcome to the site, Honky! 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Let us know how you get on.....

Cheers,

Neil

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Honky.

Unfortunately times have changed, In years gone by, if you were interested in flying, and you made it known to the flight crew and requested to have a look in the Captains Office, you'd often get invited up on the flight deck.

I've spent many hours chatting to the crew whilst seated in the jump seat, but unfortunately 9/11 and other incidents killed that off, so it's now a thing of the past. So when you come back to Oz, you'll probably have to remain in your designated seat:sad:

Good luck with your future training.

• Agree 1

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Honky.Unfortunately times have changed, In years gone by, if you were interested in flying, and you made it known to the flight crew and requested to have a look in the Captains Office, you'd often get invited up on the flight deck.

I've spent many hours chatting to the crew whilst seated in the jump seat, but unfortunately 9/11 and other incidents killed that off, so it's now a thing of the past. So when you come back to Oz, you'll probably have to remain in your designated seat:sad:

Good luck with your future training.

Very true, however I have visited the flight deck twice after arrival on two separate flights, just told the FAs that I have such intention. They allowed me in both times.