Lightspeed Zulu 3

Yes i've had mine for 6 weeks and am very happy!

Thanks for the reply Roscoe. I’ve been tossing up between the L/S 3 and the Bose A20 b/t but the L/S 3 seem better value. I have flown with the Bose but not the Lightspeed.

Hi Clayton here you have the new addition .I have lightspeeds and happy with them I am half deaf so needed anr to hear radio better .I am considering getting the cordless lightspeed tango and pax can use the zulus.Happy for you to try mine if you like

Hi Clayton here you have the new addition .I have lightspeeds and happy with them I am half deaf so needed anr to hear radio better .I am considering getting the cordless lightspeed tango and pax can use the zulus.Happy for you to try mine if you like

Thanks Mate will try and get in and show you the new plane and try your headsets. Was that you that paid me a visit at our new block a few weeks ago?

I have the Zulu 2s and have been very happy with them BUT nearly without exception the local aggies all use the Bose A20s and say that they stand up to the rigours better than the lighspeed Zulus.

As I said I have enjoyed my Zulus and would recommend them but if I was buying again I would certainly look seriously at the Bose.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks for the reply Roscoe. I’ve been tossing up between the L/S 3 and the Bose A20 b/t but the L/S 3 seem better value. I have flown with the Bose but not the Lightspeed.

Their is a very good Review and comparison between Bose and Lightspeed on the Sportys Pilot shop usa website.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Have a look at the "tradeup" program Lightspeed have. A good discount even for a crappy set of DC passives.

I'm looking at the Sierra. Only us$450 plus postage after the trade.

Hard to beat that for value I recon.

Keeps me under the gst limit too...

• Like 1

I have the d/c 10-13.4s and I’ll keep them for pax as they still do the job. Worked well in the Lightwing I had but the Hornet Cub I have now the mic is activating the intercom from engine/ airframe noise when over 5000 rpm ( 912(uls). The intercom which is built into the Icom a220 vhf and I’ve tried all the different settings (mic gain/squelch ect) to no avail and tried the Bose A20 also and same result and that’s why I’m looking at the Zulu 3 with the different mic set up as I still need another headset. I know jack $h/t about avionics so hoping one you tech gurus maybe able to help.