Toe Brakes

Lou R

Hi, I am wondering if any one can identify the toe brakes I have as I need to replace o rings/seals. I thought they may have been Matco MC-5, but seems their not.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

52441-ae98bb6cef44893c658bbdcbad669a78.jpg 52442-bc3ab971061405164b95bcf61c87168c.jpg 52443-ffb45642fa96a8f1de0b53205ed9838e.jpg

having worked in a country town Stihl dealership, I can tell you that a lot of people do not realise the amount of 'repair items' kept in stock by such organisations - a lot of it has to do with 'very old' agricultural machinery that parts are simply not available for any more. and the last thing you want is your 50 year old tractor being unusable because of a $2 seal that has failed and Big Boy Tractors went out of business a decade ago...

farmers are notorious (famous?) for keeping stuff running when it stops - our little shop had about a million seals and about the same number of O-rings - they could supply just about anything! most seals will have numbers on them to identify them - be aware though that there are differing types of seal designs and purposes. O-rings can all be measured with a micrometer and with charts stating diameter and thickness they can be usually supplied - same comment as per seals apply - basically you are just making sure the seals/O-rings are brake fluid capable

another reason for my awareness of 'hard to get parts' is my ongoing restoration of Renault cars - seals and O-rings for my 1966 Renault R10 are currently not available over the counter (who wooda thunk?)

let me know if you don't have any luck with a supplier for the parts you need, if you send me the numbers I'm happy to check with the pricks I used to work with to see if they can supply what you need

cheers

BP

having worked in a country town Stihl dealership, I can tell you that a lot of people do not realise the amount of 'repair items' kept in stock by such organisations - a lot of it has to do with 'very old' agricultural machinery that parts are simply not available for any more. and the last thing you want is your 50 year old tractor being unusable because of a $2 seal that has failed and Big Boy Tractors went out of business a decade ago...farmers are notorious (famous?) for keeping stuff running when it stops - our little shop had about a million seals and about the same number of O-rings - they could supply just about anything! most seals will have numbers on them to identify them - be aware though that there are differing types of seal designs and purposes. O-rings can all be measured with a micrometer and with charts stating diameter and thickness they can be usually supplied - same comment as per seals apply - basically you are just making sure the seals/O-rings are brake fluid capable

another reason for my awareness of 'hard to get parts' is my ongoing restoration of Renault cars - seals and O-rings for my 1966 Renault R10 are currently not available over the counter (who wooda thunk?)

let me know if you don't have any luck with a supplier for the parts you need, if you send me the numbers I'm happy to check with the pricks I used to work with to see if they can supply what you need

cheers

BP

Thank you Dave for the info, I have managed to identify product by one of our members and can order parts ex US.

Cheers.