Top 10 Biggest RC Airplanes (UltraHD/4K resolution)

dominicm

2017 was a good year for giant scale model aircraft. Travelling around the country to several shows I got the opportunity to film some of these monsters in action. Most of these take several years to build from scratch. Quite amazing engineering achievements. Here are my top 10 in no particular order of preference. What's your favourite?

Hard to pick a favourite. They are all works of art and some of the flying is almost unbelievable. Still I can't help thinking that for all the effort, time and expense that must go into some of these giant models, I'd rather go the next step and build a 1:1 scale version.

rgmwa

• Agree 1

These guys are trying to keep within the legal weight limits for a model. Scale it up any more, exceed the weight and they wouldn't be allowed to fly it.

I don't think rgwma was talking about them being radio controlled if they were 1:1 scale... instead, build an actual aircraft they could jump in and fly!

I agree that if your favourite aircraft is larger than a 2-seat single prop then by all means build a model. You can't build and fly a homebuilt Vulcan. But if you're going to build an 85% Pitts Python, for example... why wouldn't you just build a real one and leave out the radio gear?

• Agree 1