Incident at Bendigo

There's a lot of people who are pretty unaware of this, so... it's written into law,. They all SHOULD know. Getting physical in a plane is John Wayne stuff..You are dreaming if you think that will work.. People have died and fallen over the controls. A TAA DC-4 had that occur on final at Archerfield. (BN) The copilot died when he couldn't apply enough power to make the runway and the cockpit hit a substantial tree, after the Captain had a heart attack..

There are numerous incidents where cockpit conflict played a part. and command wasn't adhered to in an orderly manner. You must eliminate all possible misunderstandings from flying if you desire safest operation. Nev

• Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Bankstown many years ago used to have 20 aircraft in the circuit using 3 runways and also training Garuda pilots with a six week English course! - and that was fun watching a Cessna 150 waffle all around on finals in front of you for runway left and you are in a twin for runway centre with the closing rates. So please don't give me a busy circuit with seven aircraft. Really.

Any more than 3 in the circuit, given the attitude of some speed jockeys, makes a leisurely departure and a return at less busy times a must for me. Too many close calls in the circuit with pilots? maintaining their "rights".

Apart from that, good to hear that both in the aircraft are OK. Things are replaceable, people are not.

• 2 weeks later...
Think it was one of Soar Aviation's aircraft from Moorabbin.I was flying in Bendigo on Saturday and they had five Fox bats doing training in the circuit .

Seems like most students are low hours doing touch and goes. Makes the circuit busy (and interesting) with up to seven in the circuit at one time and some students with very poor English skills.

Does make for interesting circuits, I go into YBDG a bit to visit family & it's painful most times!! Jet circuits!!

• Agree 1