ATC PROFESSIONAL PILOT LOGBOOK

Ace747

Looks hard to find now. I used to use the professional logbook but just recently transferred the info across to the normal logbook. Trust me, the professional logbook is more irritating than its worth.

Hi there Ian.

Thanks for that. Just out of curiosity, how many flight entry pages did the professional pilot book have compared to the atc pilot logbook which has about 60. And do you remember how much you paid for yours?

If it falls to bits before you fill it it's not much help. Also the weight of stuff carried counts especially in U/L's. I am on my 3rd log book The first one has been rebound but is useless as most of the pages are now free to fall out.. They are what is known as an "Authorised Pilot's Logbook"... Last one DA 7 (rev 2/86) simply named PILOT'S LOG BOOK on the front cover, Issued by the then Dept of Aviation.. AUS. Nev

I see a lot of GA & RAAus pilot logbooks, and it appears to me that many pilots are just plain wasteful of their capacity. I see 1 month to a complete page, or 2 months to a complete page - separated by 15 lines!! To get the best out of your 60 page logbook, I suggest you separate months by a single line, and don't be averse to running one month onto the top of the next page.

Despite the fact that with instructing, you usually log 1 hr per entry - I manage to get about 1800-2000 hrs per logbook. The extra few 100 hrs are usually made up by ferry flights, private travel flights, and the odd contract low level or survey job.

happy days,

I generally leave 3 lines between each month, I go for the compromise between neatness and maximising capacity. Each to their own really and do what makes you happy, I’m just a slight bit OCD and value that neatness and everything being in order for the logbook. At the end of the day you could satisfy the casa requirement by writing your flight hours on a series of napkins and binding them together.