Jambo

John UG

Habari! Used to fly C172’s lots around Uganda. Got PPL in PE at Algoa Flying Club. Converted to Uganda PPL and then Australian PPL at RACWA. Once owned a 1967 C150 - had kids - sold C150. Haven’t flown for a few years - kids left school - might fly again. Considering recreational pilots license! Any advice on best way to do that? Cheers John

I guess Jambo Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika is a little out of place in Darlington apart from the mix of dialects?

TV news this morning regarding serious drought in SA and Cape Town has water only until April. Horrible predicament.

Can't help you with flying opportunities close to inner Sydney but I'm sure some of the guys from up there will assist.

RAAUs is relatively inexpensive way of getting back into the scene and you can upgrade easily to PPL standard again if you choose a school that does both.

Good luck

Kaz

Habari! Used to fly C172’s lots around Uganda. Got PPL in PE at Algoa Flying Club. Converted to Uganda PPL and then Australian PPL at RACWA. Once owned a 1967 C150 - had kids - sold C150. Haven’t flown for a few years - kids left school - might fly again. Considering recreational pilots license! Any advice on best way to do that? Cheers John

Not sure how you spell it, but Mjuri Tsante (does that mean” well, Thankyou?” Haven’t been in East Africa for 45yrs and never saw it written.) Anyway welcome to the madhouse, must be mad to put up with CASA!

Hi Kaz,

Asante! Actually Darlington in WA... so Sydney also an issue for me. I believe the main flying club for recreation is Serpentine - but would love to make contact with anyone who flys out of Northam???

Yup - the folks in southern ZA are doing it tough!

Cheers

Hi Derek - Close... Muzuri Sana - means "very good" - Asante sana is Thank you... CASA is - believe it or not - bloody awesome if you compare them to the CAA in Uganda... mad house doesn't start to cover it over there.035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

And sorry if this message ends up in the wrong place - I'll get round to reading the instructions at some stage!!

Cheers

I believe the main flying club for recreation is Serpentine - but would love to make contact with anyone who flys out of Northam???

You can check the listing of RAAus schools on the website www.raa.asn.au - I'm unsure if either of the 2 previous schools in Northam are active. Closest to you is at Jandakot, otherwise Bindoon is next closest, followed by Bunbury. Northam Aero Club is still active in GA, (AFIK), but probably only on weekends. Pay to go up there on a w/e and ask about. I don't think SABC at serpentine will allow training there? happy days,

Hi Kaz,Asante! Actually Darlington in WA... so Sydney also an issue for me. I believe the main flying club for recreation is Serpentine - but would love to make contact with anyone who flys out of Northam???

Yup - the folks in southern ZA are doing it tough!

Cheers

I believe flight training at Serpentine was suspended some time back. I'm also in Darlington and fly off Bindoon Airfield where RAA Pilot Certificate training (Jabiru & Taylorcraft) is available on weekends. PM me if you want more info. cheers Riley

• 2 weeks later...
I believe flight training at Serpentine was suspended some time back. I'm also in Darlington and fly off Bindoon Airfield where RAA Pilot Certificate training (Jabiru & Taylorcraft) is available on weekends. PM me if you want more info. cheers Riley

Thanks Riley - will do.

Jambo from Kenya. There is sky sports flying school just out of York, so closer than Northam. They train with a foxbat and trikes. Highly recommended.CFI is Gordon Marshall 0419942645

Email is info@microlight.com.au

Web is microlight.com.au

Chris Kyne

Diani Beach

Kenya

Eh-Asante sana- Chris. I have been meaning to check those guys out. Have a white chap for me at Arri babas...or nomadseee! miss that part of the world!

Jambo from Kenya. There is sky sports flying school just out of York, so closer than Northam. They train with a foxbat and trikes. Highly recommended.CFI is Gordon Marshall 0419942645

Email is info@microlight.com.au

Web is microlight.com.au

Chris Kyne

Diani Beach

Kenya

Hey Chris - on another note - wondered if our old C150 5Y-COZ is still operating out of Kijipwe with Alan Herd?

Ha! Not sure about the 150 but Alan did my Permit to fly inspection on Saturday. He is retired (84 now) but offers his experience to Recreational Aircraft Association of Kenya. I would definitely give Gordon a call. He is very knowledgeable, a fantastic instructor and a top bloke. The foxbat is a good all round aircraft to learn on and he replaces with new every three years or so. I did my training with him in 2011 on trikes, they have their own strip with crosswind runway and they offer cheap accomodation on site.

Karibu tena Kenya.

• 3 weeks later...
Jambo from Kenya. There is sky sports flying school just out of York' date=' so closer than Northam. They train with a foxbat and trikes. Highly recommended.CFI is Gordon Marshall 0419942645Email is info@microlight.com.au

Web is microlight.com.au

Chris Kyne

Diani Beach

Kenya

G’day from Queensland, just a mention that we honeymooned at Ocean Sports after flying into Malindi nearly 45yrs ago. East African VC10 from Heathrow to Nairobi and F27 to Malindi. Never to be forgotten trip, my wife hates F27s to this day.