Interesting short video 'Boeing' light aircraft

Phil Perry

Very interesting. Seems like a good low speed design, with a rear-facing seat for observation.It's one of the few aircraft with updraught cooling.

In the early 1990s I helped to restore an Auster J5, which had a huge rear glass panel, and the rear seat faced rearwards. . . . .this was altered to provide 2 forward facing seats. . . . I spent a whole weekend collecting the fuselage from one location, and then the next day, the wings from another place and then several months assisting in all the restoration, only to find that one of the four syndicate members who bought it, a guy I had personally introduced to flying in the first instance, and at my own expense. . . decided he didn't like me for some reason, and banned me from ever flying in it. . . . .

Gobsmacked does not cover the way I felt. . . I'll help anybody, and this bloody city slicker did Nothing in the restoration as he couldn't get time off from his work ( Allegedly ) so I never even had a passenger ride in the damn thing. The real Larf was that I was the only bloke in the crew who had ANY Auster sticktime ( 220 hrs in Australia ) I choose the folks I assist with ANYTHING a lot more care nowadays. . . .

Epitaph,. . .the aircraft was crashed beyond repair two months following the new permit to fly being issued. . at an airfield in France, when the P1 gave control to an instructor / Passenger with no time on type, and in the very late stage of a landing,. . . . who stalled it at 30 feet and pancaked it onto the bitumen strip, closing the airfield ( Le Touquet ) for three hours whilst the froggies cleaned up the mess. . . .I can't blame the Instructor, he flew Flexwing Microlight trikes. . .

I feel no need to Gloat about this, as it was a waste of a lovely aeroplane,. . but it gave me another insight into that weird thing called the 'Human Condition'. . . . .