LightWing SP2000

Bridgy89

Hi guys,

I just wanted to get your opinions about the LightWing Aeroplanes, specifically the SP2000?

I am looking at a few aeroplanes and this one caught my eye because of the luggage area behind the seats and the layout of the cockpit seems good. I have also looked into the Brumby 600, although seems a bit more expensive. The mission I want to accomplish, is to be able to fly somewhere with the GF and mates for weekends away... or to things like the Birdsville races. So some touring and little get aways here and there.

I am also going to be a school teacher, and a plane will be handy when I have to move out to the country for my country service.

Has anyone had any experience with these or heard about them at all? There doesn't seem to be many of them around in Australia for a Australian Designed Aeroplane.

Cheers,

Kyle.

• Caution 1

Kyle, I may be biased as I own a lightwing SP4000. I think they are great aeroplanes. best thing you can do is go and fly one then decide if it fits your mission.

Aussie designed seems to be a bit of a niche nowdays. bit like Aussie cars, imported are not necessarily better machines, they are definately better at the sales pitch.

Andrew.

The LightWing is a bit of an Aussie icon. A plane that can do a lot, is tough and not too expensive to run. If it is fast enough for you, go for it.

As they are not young now, a good checkout prior to buying is necessary, being steel tube framed, especially check for corrosion.

Hi guys,I just wanted to get your opinions about the LightWing Aeroplanes, specifically the SP2000?

I am looking at a few aeroplanes and this one caught my eye because of the luggage area behind the seats and the layout of the cockpit seems good. I have also looked into the Brumby 600, although seems a bit more expensive. The mission I want to accomplish, is to be able to fly somewhere with the GF and mates for weekends away... or to things like the Birdsville races. So some touring and little get aways here and there.

I am also going to be a school teacher, and a plane will be handy when I have to move out to the country for my country service.

Has anyone had any experience with these or heard about them at all? There doesn't seem to be many of them around in Australia for a Australian Designed Aeroplane.

Cheers,

Kyle.

Hi Kyle,

I have flown in the Brumby 600 quite a few times over the last couple of years & you would not be disappoined with one. It is fast & very crisp on the controls, I cannot give any comment on the Lightwing SP4000.

Cheers,

Coltri

Seems to be a lot more information out there on the Brumby's. Still very unsure about the ALW SP2000. I think it is also I am very new to aviation and very weary about an aircraft which there aren't many of.

The Gr912 is not going to give you much idea of the SP2000. Different animal entirely. Your best option is to go to ALW at Ballina and fly one.

Just my opinion. Have had a brief flight in each.

• Agree 1