Another ultralight down

pudestcon

What's going on???

This from the Western Australian Newspaper web site.

It's another sad day for the families involved and recreational flying generally. My condolences to the families left to get on with life.

Two feared dead in light plane crash

21st December 2007, 16:45 WST

Two people are feared dead after the ultra-plight plane they were flying crashed between Bindoon and Toodyay this afternoon.

Police and emergency crews were notified the plane was missing about 1pm when it failed to return from a trip Northam around midday.

It is understood the two people on board, both qualified pilots, left Bindoon about 7am to pick up another aircraft from Northam.

Rescue crews found the wreckage in a heavily timbered area shortly after 3pm and are still at the scene.

No further details have been released.

RACHEL DONKIN

Another sad day - what is going on, it brings tears to my eyes every time I hear one of these and there have been far to many of late. We have 9 members of the forums from Bindoon so if anyone hears who the occupants were could you please PM me - thanks!

Very sad news indeed.......no details other than that reported below:-

Two men have been confirmed dead after their light aircraft crashed in Western Australia's Central Wheatbelt.

Police say a 50-year-old man from Bindoon and a 58-year-old High Wycombe resident were both licenced pilots.

Police say the men had taken off from Bindoon, north-east of Perth, about 7.00am (AWDT) this morning and were heading to Northam.

It is believed they planning to pick up another aircraft before returning to Bindoon.

They were due back about lunchtime and reported overdue around 1.00pm.

A search was launched and the wreckage of the aircraft was found east of Bindoon off the Bindoon Dewars Pool Road about an hour later.

Paramedics were flown to the crash site by the state's rescue helicopter.