PPL/CPL Training Brisbane

Hi everyone,

I've just found this forum so was hoping one or some of you could offer some opinions on a couple of things :)

I hold a GFPT (yep, the old one) I am booked in for a flight review to have the GFPT converted to an RPL in the coming weeks pending how I go with the review flights etc.

Now, I am 36 now and are contemplating biting the bullet and going all the way to CPL and aiming toward a career change. The way I see it, I still have another 25+ years of work ahead of me so its "not too late" in a sense. I am aware that it may be tough to land a job in the beninning as there are airline cadetships etc offered to the younger applicants, and a cadetship wouldnt really be an option for me due to my wife & pair of rug rats.

Has anyone else in here had a similar scenario?

Thanks in advance for any advice or home truths thrown at me, I appreciate it all :)

Welcome B3rn ,

I recently was in the same position of having my Gfpt before having a small break from flying due to kids , career etc.

I have only just now converted it to an Rpl then PPL. I only intend to fly privately.

I highly recommend you speak with Rod at Flightscope Aviation at YBAF, He is a fantastic instructor and was very patient with me!

Thanks for the replies!

I did my gfpt at Archerfield, but now I live more or less the same driving distance to either Redcliffe or Archerfield.

What airplanes do flightscope have? I did my initial training at Gil Layts and my instructor was Steve Tadeucci (I think i may have the spelling incorrect) and Steve was great also.

Great to hear you got back on the saddle so to speak :)

I have the Bob Tait PPL books, but want to know if they are still applicable as I know now they are RPL vol 1 and 2, one would assume the material is similar if not identical to the newer editions....

I will look up Flightscope and make some inquiries!

36 is doable with enough finances (lots) but the wife and kids mate it difficult. Realistically rules out GA and makes instructing the way to go, and it’s a hard long road but if you are dead set on doing it, currently it’s a good time to be a (qualified, experienced) pilot, and doesn’t look like it is going to change in the short term. Quite feasible to get an airline job with 1500 hours or less at the moment.