January 2008

AT 502

Hey Redair do you already have a license or are you in the process?

Do you know the pilot of the yella fella? What was the crop being spayed for?

Are you comimng to our flyin ? 19 th April http://www.jamestownairshow.com/

Will be a fantastic Weekend, maybe we can all pray it turns out like the last Echuca weekend, would make a fantastic break to the season!

Cheers Guy:cool:

Do you know the pilot of the yella fella? What was the crop being spayed for?

Cheers Guy:cool:

OK then, do I take it from that, that it wasn't your aircraft then? The crop was being sprayed for about half an hour.

Redair.

Would anyone like to estimate the clearance between his wingtip and the pole. Zoom in and then bring the wing back at the same angle as the discharge stream. Hope you understand that. It's late and the right words aren't forthcoming.

Don't know if you can see it clearly, but the wire runs from the pole to the left of picture, at just below the top of the first tree, and what is more alarming, is the fact that directly under the wire, there is a cyclone fence running in the same direction. Under the wire, over the fence, not much room, never mind how close the pole is!

Redair.

Guest pelorus32
M, check your camera you may possibly be able to resize it there, if you can't do it on your computer.

Thanks for the thought Ozzie,

My camera was designed in 1954....I used to use Photoshop to resize and it did a great job. Now I'm using The GIMP and it doesn't cut it...I have another name for it!

I generally take shots with film and then scan and then resize. Otherwise I use my phone and that's OK.

I will get this worked out.

Kind regards

Mike

Hey guys, I am having trouble getting the URL right for a photo I have already uploaded. No matter how I put the link in it is telling me it is not a valid linkTerry

Terry, post the URL here by clicking the # on the advanced mode menu and pasting the url in between the <code> and the </code>. (<> are actually square brackets)

Make sure it's exactly the same as you have tried pasting or typing into the pop-up "Please enter the URL of your image" window when you click "Insert Image".

I can then check it's ok.

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4281&d=1200911684

This the link I am doing something wrong with. there are also some other pics that I as going to upload for the comp

Thanks for your time

Terry

Well Terry, that one works for me. I clicked the "Insert Image" icon (the mountains and sun on yellow) and pasted that URL and it worked.

That pic is hosted on this site though, so the usual way is to use the paperclip icon to upload it, then use the same icon to insert it into the post. After it is upload, it is listed on the menu that appears when you click the paperclip.

It is a great pic BTW - try again.

Ross

Fire pics

Here are a few fire pics. A couple from this year and also the 06,07 fires. I think it is Elvis at Mt Beauty just dropping in for a load of water at the lake. Fills 10,000lts in 45 seconds. The Airtractor dropping the retardant is at a fire near Corryong 10 days ago loading from a base in the pines called Avondale (couldn,t find it on any maps, but a nice little up hill strip at about 3000 ft) And us and a Dromeda heading to Shep before we were smoked in for the night from Wang. It was like a air raid with 2 Dromeda's, us in a C172 xp, Skycrane and his helo as well as 2 or 3 other Helitacs.attachment.php?attachmentid=4281&d=1200911684attachment.php?attachmentid=4277&d=1200826851

228923391_2006Fires188.JPG.a1a8b1c995e7cb65df234753a7b9c76f.JPG

108426301_2006Fires215.jpg.f65c842a4f0cf1647084e589338d8bd8.jpg

DSCF046.thumb.JPG.3bda4f4e9ac6c2abc2b9a052d24ed67c.JPG

great one kev..!! Ive seen you from time to time , when I'm down in stockton visiting my son, you fly right over his place, which is facing the Harbour, and nobbies horse shoe beach, across the road from the park area at stocko. After a lap of the light house,you normally head back up the beach to the North... I bet u didnt see us waving mate. Makes me want to Get back to Lightning Ridge, and dust my Trike off, and get up there,, unfortuneatly I cant bring it down every trip with me. Just returned home, after being down for the month Kev,, Must catch up with u on my next Visit Mate..?? Regards Lance. u make me green with envy. Bugger!!

• 2 weeks later...

WINNER AUSTRALIAN FLYING PHOTO COMP JANUARY 2008 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Welcome to the new year everyone, and thanks once again for your enthusiasm for this section of your forum. I, also, was impressed with many of the shots submitted for January, and thought for a minute there I was about to receive some bankable coercian to help make my decision!

Hearty CONGRATULATIONS to Ian Borg "Yenn" for his stunning T-28 at dawn, shot at the Old Station Fly-In. This light is very tricky to photograph successfully, and I think everyone agrees you've captured it beautifully. If you'd like to email me with your contact details, I'll be able to post out your complimentary copies of Australian Flying.

With a VERY CLOSE runner-up, comes Kev, in particular for the third shot in his posting of 24th Jan, the trike over the glassy water. Absolutely beautiful, Kev, and I wonder could I ask you to email me ([email protected]) the high resolution version in jpg format for publishing in our next issue of Australian Flying, featuring an article on Trikes and all things ultralight?

Cheers,