New to Aviation

mharring

Hi All,

Just a quick intro.

I live on the southside of Brisbane, Qld, Australia. I'm looking into doing my Recreational Piolot licence with the hope of eventually owning my own plane. Hence I have a lot to learn on my exciting journey.

Looking forward to being part of this forum.

Thanks, Michael

Hi All,Just a quick intro.

I live on the southside of Brisbane, Qld, Australia. I'm looking into doing my Recreational Piolot licence with the hope of eventually owning my own plane. Hence I have a lot to learn on my exciting journey.

Looking forward to being part of this forum.

Thanks, Michael

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the site.

Do you mean RAAus Recreational Pilot Certificate, or Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL)? There's a big difference.

Anyway - I hope you manage to get whichever, and your own plane!

Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks for pointing out there a signifcant difference between the two. This is something I will have research further. My initial plan was to head down the RAAus path to gain a Recreational Pilot Certificate.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

That is the route I would recommend anyway - it is arguably cheaper, and you can always get an RPL at a later date if you decide you want one, and your RAAus hours and endorsements should be taken into account.

You will have plenty of time to research the differences, but the main thing is to just get flying!!

All the best,

Neil

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Handy location. You can learn at Archerfield if you want to learn in controlled airspace (which will help if you get an RPL) or you could learn at Heck field on the GC if you don't want to use controlled airspace. The two places have different aircraft from which to choose, too. (Disclaimer: I am just learning and a noob. Have a Foxbat at Archerfield.)