Finding Magnetic course on computer/laptop

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have tips to find a magnetic course on a sectional or TAC map that is on a laptop when you can't see both airports at one time?

Basically, on practice tests a question will say to find either a magnetic or true course between two airports and then maybe give variations like wind. The problem is, sometimes the airports are too far apart to just put a plotter up to the screen and find the initial course. The only thing I have seen is to hold the plotter by one airport, estimate where the other airport is on the other end, then scroll down and adjust until it is correct; this is kind of a pain as you might imagine.

Anyone have any other ways or tips?

Thank you in advance if so

Joe77, since you're in the US wouldn't it be possible to transpose the plan to ForeFlight and work it all out on the small screen?

(I think you can download a 30 day free trial if you don't want to buy.) But maybe, in your case, the whole process needs to be done within the trial exam application on your laptop. I think the Air Navigation app has a desktop version of its EFB but that may only be for the MacOS. I think they offer VFR ONC charts for free but the app itself costs around $45. Anyway, good luck.