Flashing landing lights.

flying dog

How about a row of LEDs along the leading edge of each wing. You could create an app for your ipad to program a controller like the ones use to continually flash the news in NY Times Square & display messages or even advertising for anyone in your flight path. Look at what they have on Audis now. You can see them miles off & they don't even flash.

How about a row of LEDs along the leading edge of each wing. You could create an app for your ipad to program a controller like the ones use to continually flash the news in NY Times Square & display messages or even advertising for anyone in your flight path. Look at what they have on Audis now. You can see them miles off & they don't even flash.

Thanks for the tip, kg! I'm going to be looking for sponsors to fund the plane I want to build. I think I'll call Coca Cola this afternoon.

Guest davidh10
Just thought of something that could be a negative.With wig wags each alternate wing would be lighter than the other so could induce a ' wing wag '

Your Forum Wag.....Alan.

Actually is you subscribe to the particle model of light, then alternately emmitting photons from each wing would produce an alternating variation in the balance of propulsion. Of course the difference could be too small to measure, but witness the solar wind experiments.