Help identifying aircraft

Guest Glenn

Guest Glenn

Had a military aircraft flying over here this morning and I'm pretty sure it's the same one operating out of Parkes doing parachute drops.

It's all grey, 4 engines and slightly smaller than a Hercules. I put the scanner on am sure it was using the callsign "Trojan 10" It departed to the North Easr at around 10:15am.

Sorry, couldn't get the camera fast enough. Anyone got any ideas?

Guest WillMikoyan

Are you sure it was military? It could have been an Lockheed P-3 Orion or something? I'm not sure on thier exact colour scheme but im sure its grey or greyish anyway..

Guest WillMikoyan

Cool...

We dont seem to get many military aircraft down here... Its a pity they stopped using Laverton RAAF for aircraft because thats pretty much down the road from me... Ah well... i thought the orion was ust used for maritime patrols

• 1 month later...
Guest richmondtroy

Pretty sure the hercs use trojan as a call sign...plus orions dont do parachute drops from what i gather...unless they are dropping them out of the bomb bay doors....lol

• 9 years later...
Guest Warren R
Had a military aircraft flying over here this morning and I'm pretty sure it's the same one operating out of Parkes doing parachute drops.It's all grey, 4 engines and slightly smaller than a Hercules. I put the scanner on am sure it was using the callsign "Trojan 10" It departed to the North Easr at around 10:15am.

Sorry, couldn't get the camera fast enough. Anyone got any ideas?

The aircraft you saw was a RAAF C-130J Hercules ....callsign begins with Trojan 10.....

Well I won't be so rude to a first time poster.......

Welcome Warren and I hope you do post more than just this once.

Reviving old posts is not illegal, having said that this would be one of the oldest revivals I have ever seen though lol

We are generally friendly warren and all these fellas mean well in their stirring.

Forum etiquette is a fickle thing, some places you will get tarred and feathered for asking a question that has been asked before and other places you get creamed for reviving old threads, how do you win:whistling:

Forum etiquette is a fickle thing, some places you will get tarred and feathered for asking a question that has been asked before and other places you get creamed for reviving old threads, how do you win:whistling:

By not being a wildebeest

[ATTACH]26610[/ATTACH]gnarled or otherwise

upload_2016-1-28_9-24-24.png.2bf00016f382f9aceeb9fc86676999b8.png