Avalon Airshow 2009

Robbo

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard rumors close to the organizing committee is that this will be the last Airshow at Avalon.

Aren't they contracted to the Vic Govt or something like that?

So if was to be moved i think it has to stay in Vic, and i can't really think of any other aerodrome in the state that can handle an event of that size.

who said it was going to re-locate? It will most likelly shut down for good.

On another note, I will only be at the airshow on Wednesday will be in Geelong Tuesday arvo until Thursday morning but won't be at the airshow until Wednesday. Anyone in the area wanna catch up for a beer just drop me a line :)

I have a list of aircraft attending a mate sent me through (he is a volunteer) and based on that list I have decided I won't even bother going. I will be away on work anyway now as I changed rosters :)

I will scan it and post it when I get a chance flat stick at the moment

If you could that would be great. Personally I'm quite looking forward to this as there will be a lot of aircraft that I haven't seen before (even if the attendence is not that great compared to previous years), or for a very long time.

Guest Capt Rex Kramer

Most kind of you sir!! i am sure that list is of most interest to many members here and as you have pointed out a most dissapointing one at that, your kind actions may well save potential visitors to the show a lot of money in these tough economic times by taking the guess work out of whats appearing, (whether or not is it really worth the time and money ).

Some info at: http://www.defpro.com/news/details/5914/.

Quote;

Boeing's presence at the show will include the static display and aerial demonstration of Australia's newest fighter aircraft -- the F/A-18F Super Hornet -- plus the C-17 Globemaster III military transport, CH-47 Chinook medium-lift helicopter, ScanEagle Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, and Wedgetail AEW&C aircraft. The Boeing exhibit also will feature the Vigilare air battle management system, a P-8 mission demonstrator console, and an F/A-18 simulator.

End Quote

I'd like a turn on the FA18 simulator - I spent many an hour on Janes F/A-18 pretending to be a real fighter pilot!