Avalon Airshow 2009

Robbo

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest g_i_jack029

I'd echo that Evan, although its about the only aviation demonstration i go to at the moment so, i try to go as much as i can. so if i miss something one year i'd see it the next time

Guest judemoar

Avalon Airshow 2009-Accommodation available

Greetings all.

We will be making our 5 bedroom house in Geelong West available for rent during Avalon Airshow in March 2009. The house is available from Monday 9th to Sunday 15th March 2009.

For further details please contact me.

Thanks

Jude

• 2 months later...

I have no idea why I thought it was in February but Woop and I had intended going . but as we are flying to the Uk on the 18th of March that is going to be a no go.. I may check up on the local airshows though and see what is on. och. drat..

Guest Darren Masters
awwww there goes the "Robbo & Darren Hitting Geelong Nightclubs"awwwww im devastated

LOL. Imagine you coming to Auckland. Sorry, I have hijacked the thread :redface:

we will all miss ya bluebird. Come back and visit and don't forget the site :p

Yes of course I will visit this site Robbo..:biggrin:. I am going for 2 weeks in March but still no idea what will happen in June yet.

• 3 weeks later...

While the fighters are very impwessive, all they prove is that if you put enough power onto it, you can make anything fly.

Now, I prefer the finess of an aerobatic glider doing silent aerobatics with an inverted pass under a streamer for a finale'. Or the precision of Bob Hoover and his unpowered demonstration in a big twin. Or the skill of a Waco driver who can taxi the whole length of the runway with his tail up and execute a 360 ground loop without putting his tail down. Or the formation aerobatics of the Southern Knights. Now that's real flying....

Coop

Guest Darren Masters
Bob Hoover and his unpowered demonstration in a big twin.

I have heard so many stories/versions of this from people who saw it. Wish I had been there :frown: