Avalon Airshow 2009

Robbo

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aviatrix27

Lots of activity in the air above my place today. First I heard a jet, but by the time I got outside for a look, I couldn't even hear it anymore! Then was a Caribou. Heard lots of others as well. All headed south-west, presumably to Avalon.

Went to the Werribee Open Range Zoo today with the family. We were treated (well I was treated) to various aircraft zipping around. Saw an F-111, 2 F/A-18s, 2 OH-58s and one of the B-1Bs.

Looking fwd to the airshow this weekend.

Guest aurora

Hey New here.

Does anyone know which stand is better out of the sabre or meteor for goldpass tickets? the spitfire is already full.. Ill prob book the tickets tomoro im just really not sure which stand is better... maybe it doesnt matter? .. anyway what have other people chosen?

Just saw that the A380 visiting Avalon will be VH-OQA leaving SYD at 0630 as QF6165 and arriving back at SYD at 1340 as QF6166

Hi all,does anyone know why nothing from temora will be at the avalon airshow?

I remember sometime back Temora had a fight with airshows downunder and said they would not be part of it again.

Something along those lines, but was only a rumour

I remember sometime back Temora had a fight with airshows downunder and said they would not be part of it again.Something along those lines, but was only a rumour

What a pity, I would have loved to have seen the canberra or the meteor.

I'm not sure how accurate that list is though as there is supposed to be an RNZAF P-3 Orion coming over as well and there is no mention of it on the list. I guess I'll find out.

I was really disappointed to see there is not going to be the Meteor, Sabre (is there still a Sabre flying in Aus - I recall seeing a photo of it a while ago but...??) or Canberra.

Anyhow I am still excited though as there are many Aus aircraft I have not seen, or have not seen for a while, but I was hoping for a better lineup.

Guest Glenn

The Temora Aviation Museum are currently restoring a Sabre. There is some info on it in the link Robbo posted above

Ah thanks for that. I do recall seeing a pic of a Sabre in the old RAAF markings e.g. the blue and white roundel. It was flying at an airshow somewhere, but I am not sure if the airshow was in Aus or somewhere else....I got mildly excited at the time as I have always wanted to see a flying Sabre. I've seen a few at museums, but none in flying order.

Some pictures from last night, a few crops here and there. We had to bail today as got rained out and had took my 2 year old and 7 month old kids - and they were not happy in the wet and wind. Will head back tomorrow though.