Gotta have one of these

Admin

I gotta get myself one of these - well, what do ya think??? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Bulletproof Vest-Body Armor Pilot Filght Jacket Style 3a

Detailed Description BulletProof Vest-Body Armor Pilot Filght Jacket, V. I. P Style Protection Level III A!

Brand New, First class, Top quality Lightweight Bullet proof Filght Jacket.

Especially designed for VIPs, Made by an official supplier for the ISRAELI Air Forces. Available in a variety of sizes.

Unfortunately not legal to buy in Australia. For some reason the government thinks we are all criminals or potential criminals and don't let us buy these types of toys. One could argue that it was for crash purposes?

Brent, I know of a few people in the UK who would have loved one of those... I mean, being shot dead by Police in mistaken identity cases is kind of a no way back experience... so I don't quite understand the logic of banning them here, after all, you can harldy attack someone with a jacket... well maybe give them a nasty zip-rash, but apart from that they are not really leathal weapons are they?

Redair.

My idea was that I am sick and tired of having to detour around the Puckapunyal Military Zone so if I flew a CT that was made with Kevlar and I had one of these jackets then all is well...I could just fly straight over the top of Pucka 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

The trouble is that it's when the cops try and shoot you legally, that you get up and walk away. If all the criminals had them then the cops wouldn't be able to stop them.

As usual our government, or rather our beaurocrats want to control everything we do. I am not sure if is legal now, but when I started flying it was illegal to take vertical or near vertical photographs. To stop the spies I would imagine. With the state of our maps in this country it would be a good thing to encourage map making. The latest 1:25000 map of where I live is dated in the 1970's and is a joke.

The trouble is that it's when the cops try and shoot you legally, that you get up and walk away. If all the criminals had them then the cops wouldn't be able to stop them.

...but a leg shot would be enough to stop most people, WITHOUT killing them, and if they relly did have to use leathal force.... that jacket won't protect your head!

Redair.

What to shoot at.

Redair, Lots of people think that you can just shoot an arm or a leg. Doesn't work that way with hand guns.

Not easy to shoot acurately in the middle of an incident. Police are taught to shoot for the greatest bodily mass visible. This is normally the chest area.

And if you try to shoot a leg and miss or it doesn't stop the threat then the police themselves may get injured or killed. Not worth the risk to police. In the past 10 years the various police forces in Australia have been forced to adopt principle such as do i need to go there? This means if criminals break into your house and take you hostage at gun point in general the police wont be comming. They will just call the house and wait down the street. A lot of this was caused by a minority loudly voicing their uninformed opinions about the use of deadly force by police. If a criminal kills a house full of innocent people the police will not be blamed. If a policeman kills a criminal they will be critisized by many.

Good luck.

Jim

Spriteah, Being as I am, (quite clearly) an uninformed minority, and therefore no doubt being reason enough for me not to be a allowed an opinion, let alone voice it, I do feel I should clear up a couple of points... firstly, I am not a touchy-feely do-goody lefty, nor am I against the Police shooting crims, the more the merrier I say, drug-dealers, muggers, rapists, people who throw MuckBurger rubbish onto the roadside from their cars! Bring on the lead rain!! No, my concern with the whole bullet-proof jacket issue was more to do with the fact that ridiculous laws and loopholes exist, which allow or at least don't effectively prevent just about anyone from getting hold of firearms and using them ala the American-style gang and drive-by shootings, where upon innocent people can get caught in the cross-fire, as seen not so long ago in Melbourne and Adelaide. And finally I did say, (with regard to Police) mistaken identity shootings. Quite clearly there would be no such case if the suspect was waving a gun or sword around... then by all means, if life is in danger, shoot away, but in cases where someone was just running, or even sitting in their car in traffic, (with no evidence of being armed) a chest full of lead is something you just can't say sorry about and everyone lives happily ever after.

So in closing, who cares if crims get shot? But how many will care when an innocent is shot? When I am King of the Universe, it will be free bullet-proof jackets for everyone!! Now if I can just work out which bit of this cushioned wall has the door in it, me, Nelson and Churchill over there will, arghh no, nurse, please, not the injection again, I'll be good......

Redair.

Sadly now the police can't tell if you are a crim by looking foe a knife or a gun. As demonstrated in Britain they are of the opinion that a hidden electrical switch may be a deadly weapon. So mistakes will be made and innocent people will suffer, but it may be for the greater good.

Any room in that cushioned room Nelson. Joe.

Hi Guys,

while this jacket looks good it has some drawbacks, like your arm joints are not protected, it has no flexable or rotatable plates for that and what ever you do do not run away, your back is only 50% covered. I had the opertunity last year to look at this and three other jackets, none of them give more protection than for a .22 bullet at short range, a .32 at 3 meters just penetrated the jackets. How many people carry .32's these days?

This is what I was actually searching for:

NOMEX FLIGHT SUIT

MADE ACCORDING TO MILITARY STANDARD OF MIL-C-83141A

FIRE RETARDANT FABRIC AND ALL ACCESSORIES.

firesuit.jpg.eeb28063dbe1c2d83fe60d27b94cedda.jpg

Thanks Decca - after the many accidents of late especially Echuca with the Gyro where fire was the killing factor and the discussion here about fuel tanks I wanted to offer some kind of clothing that was more protective as an option to everyone - pretty expensive though