Oshkosh, and ?

Why don't we all get together for a lunch time get together while there. It will give us a chance to meet each other (other than on the forum) and to show the flag for the forum. My self and my two brothers are going. We will be there for the whole week (Plus Disneyland before and after - just big kids at heart).

If interested please leave date that you will be there and we will try to arrange something.

:thumb_up:

Ianrat

Dates at Oshkosh

Ange - thanks. We'll only have two weeks after Oshkosh. We're hiring a car for this time.

Inrat - I enjoyed meeting you in Brisbane. Went to Watts on the Sunday, but arrived late and everyone had met, eaten, and left by the time we found the place. Amazed at your progress on the 601XL.

Meeting at Oshkosh - I don't know enough to pick a spot. I'll definitely be spending some time at the Zenair venue. Dates - 26th July to 3rd August. Then driving around till 17th August.

Jack.:):)

Guest sceadu52jr

Oshkosh Meeting Place

Guys, when I was there many years back, they had a large tent setup near the Flightline entrance that was for International Visitors to Register and meet. I assume they still do this. We found this to be a great meeting place. You can put notices up on the board in the tent too.

Also remember, you need to be a EAA member to access the Flightline. You can of course join when you get there.

Regards,

Wayne

PS ...I see Avid_Flyer post above also mentioned the International Tent.....

Hint: Take spare batteries for your camera and big digital camera cards.

wish I was going..........

Hi Internation Tent is a great meeting place....

Its open every day early till the close of the airshow.

There's a notice board tht you can put your business card, catch up mob numbers, camping details or "mud map" location on....

It will surprise you who you can run into.

f you are going to Oshkosh, it is worth joining the EAA.. you get discount on enterance and amping fees.

Different aircraft types and clubs meet at various locations around the venues.

The Avid Flyer people meet at Seaplane base on the Wed arvo... It was wonderful for me to meet these members and see their pride and joys and hear their tales!

I think anyone can look at the EAA.org site.

Check out the forums and aircraft type get togethers.

Let me know if you want anymore details, info etc wannabigplane!!

Ange 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ange,

Sounds like the international tent is the place or us to collate.

Look for a card with my avatar on it. "Wanabigaplane was here"

I have joined the EAA. Just waiting on the card to book online.

Will also visit the seaplane base. I want to see the Mermaid.

Jack. :):)

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is doing a driving tour I'd recommend the Automobile Association's website to plan it - free registration. Seems that Oz auto clubs have reciprocal rights with them too but I've not yet had to try that.

http://www.aaa.com/

Currently we're in western Wyoming and at Oshkosh I'll mostly be at the International Aerobatic Club building.

Five more sleeps! before we leave OZ. Cant wait. Will try to look every one up. I will leave a message at the international tent message board.

Ianrat

Contact

Thanks 'modest pilot'. Look for my note at the international tent 'Wanabigaplane was here'

We are hiring a car for two weeks after Oshkosh, but we have no fixed plans for this period.

Jack. :):)