Natfly camping?

Could someone who has done it please explain the camping set up at Narromine please.

We are thinking of driving and bringing our camping gear.

Have not been able to find too much information on sites, showers etc. Is it necessary to book a site?

If you have camped was it was it a good experience?

Mark

Mark

The Caravan Park/Camping Area is directly adjacent to the airport & it looks like it is part of the event at Natfly. Real close and just maybe 100 m walk to the tiedown area.

See http://narrominetouristpark.com.au/ which says that they are chockers for Natfly. Suggest you give them or RAA a call as I'm sure they will find you a camp site somewhere on the airport ..... surely, or you can use my other wing.

Some of those with aircraft camp under the wing, but others choose to go over into the Caravan Park.

I didn't use them but the facilities look OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards Geoff

I camped in the camp ground last year and the facilities were great, although it was best to grab a shower before 6am or you might line up for awhile.

Nice grass to camp on too.

Not sure about booking - it might be wise. I lumped in with a bunch who had a spot staked every year. Huge marquee, massive supplies, and women to do the cooking (just kidding).

Guest Fred Bear
I camped in the camp ground last year and the facilities were great, although it was best to grab a shower before 6am or you might line up for awhile.Nice grass to camp on too.

Not sure about booking - it might be wise. I lumped in with a bunch who had a spot staked every year. Huge marquee, massive supplies, and women to do the cooking (just kidding).

Ross, I am assuming I am camping with you under your 'other wing'? I will try not to bring too many baked beans 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif I don't think I'll be able to bring much more than tent, spare undies and sleeping bag. Not sure how much room you will have in the Cheetah. I'll second to the 'have a shower before 6am'. Sound advice. Early bird catches the worm...or something like that.

Guest Fred Bear
Plenty of room mate. Bring the gas bottle if you want. You may need more than 1 pair of jocks. You know how you are in sport planes.

It depends on how you fly 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif No worries, I'll throw in the bbq too ;) If the weather stays like this (fingers crossed) we will be laughing.

I'll second to the 'have a shower before 6am'. Sound advice. Early bird catches the worm...or something like that.

Or perhaps the early bird washes the worm.

Guest David C
I camped in the camp ground last year and the facilities were great, although it was best to grab a shower before 6am or you might line up for awhile.Nice grass to camp on too.

Showers !! ....God No .... Now you know I'm a true Pom 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif... As for food , just pop into Darrens tent , he's a marvel with a tin of cold beef mince . Real gourmet stuff . I know... I've smelled it .025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif As for getting a camping spot , I can't ever see the site being full . The area around the shower block and chalets may be full , but theres loads of room the other side of the NDB .. I hope so anyway , otherwise the car looks an attractive alternative .

Dave C

last year i arrived on the friday morning, hadnt pre booked or anything, walked into the office ask for a spot, and thee were plenty, as dave said there were heaps of spots on friday morning behind the NDB antenna, and towards the road in. i didn't have any problem with shower cues, as i usually had mine about 4 pm.