Beta Kits started

Admin

Hi All

had some great news from Luisa and Curzio - they have commenced manufacturing the BETA kits. 5 of them are being built with one of them being sent to me :smiley4: keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif :thumb_up: 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif :star: (and every other happy smiley). A BETA kit is one where they test that things like instructions, paperwork, parts lists etc etc are all tested to make sure there is everything that is needed for the average person to complete the aircraft. It also provides an aircraft that is used for certification in the country of registration.

If everything goes well with the BETA kit then full production of the Millennium Master will commence in about 3 to 4 months time. This allows for 1 month build, 1 month shipping and 1 to 2 months kit build - remember these are complete aircraft other then:

1. bolt wings on

2. attach engine and prop

3. build your own panel and wiring

There will be the option of them coming already painted in standard Millennium Master colours or you can paint your own.

Exciting times ahead - it's just a pity I couldn't get it here and ready for NatFly 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

mill1.jpg.5711d7ee2aef1441a905e85d06655406.jpg

mill2.jpg.32e56d2cf0407283a09fcaf724364c7b.jpg

mill3.jpg.b3a1c4b79a9af41892fa9e24432ff5c2.jpg

Guest airsick

Looks good. Sounds good. Might have to do a trip down to take a look when it gets here. Keep us up to date on progress!

Wanamilenium

I'm watching with great interest.

Will there be one at Oshkosh ?

If you are to be the importer. Ian, will you be arranging type certification in Australia with RAAus? The question is - can the 'plane be certified at a higher MTOW, so we can fit in both a passenger and some fuel?

Jack :):)

Jack, I don't know about Oshkoah and Yes, I will be arranging the certification for Australia with the RA-Aus.

The LSA category has been coming into Europe for a while and the latest was suppose to be Feb but it has been delayed (see here) so the 450 stands in Europe however I am trying to find out what I can do for the 544/600 here - would hate to see such a beautiful aircraft flying initially with its hands tied behind its back while it waits for Europe to get their act together

Hi Ian .. Is it true that if Italy certified it at 540kg rather than 600, we could keep the retractible gear? Any official specs/prices available please?

Regards

..Vince

Not LSA

If the purchaser is installing the motor and doing the avionics, then the 'plane is not likely to be supported by the manufacturer, and therefore not meeting the guidelines for LSA ??

A retractable undercarriage also limits it from LSA.

So, surely it's 540 Kg, and I'd be happy with that.

Jack. :):)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian

You must be having sleepless nights waiting for the new baby (aircraft) to arrive

It looks sensational

A few questions

? Dual control

Fuel flow at 75% power

What brand is that glass panel in prototype 2

Does it come supplied with engine, or instruments

Shane

Guest airsick

Ian, when you get the certification done can you call it something cool like Ghost Rider? That way those who have one will get cool radio calls.

"Canberra app, Ghost Rider 254, inbound with charlie..."

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest pelorus32
If the purchaser is installing the motor and doing the avionics, then the 'plane is not likely to be supported by the manufacturer, and therefore not meeting the guidelines for LSA ??A retractable undercarriage also limits it from LSA.

So, surely it's 540 Kg, and I'd be happy with that.

Jack. :):)

G'day Jack,

as I understand the LSA rules a kit built aircraft is eligible for an Experimental LSA C of A. However retractable undercarriage is not allowed in LSA. I think from previous posts from Ian that they will be offering it with a fixed gear for LSA.

Regards

Mike

Guest Bendorn
Ian, when you get the certification done can you call it something cool like Ghost Rider? That way those who have one will get cool radio calls."Canberra app, Ghost Rider 254, inbound with charlie..."

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!:thumb_up: