Who was the dropkick in the trike at Talbingo last weekend?

Captain

Does anyone know who the wanker was in the 2 stroke Trike at Talbingo Dam last weekend chasing water skiers and boats about 2 m off the water?

What a dropkick ..... talk about giving the movement a bad name .....................

I wasn't there, but I have 2 friends who had their families there for a day's skiing, and they came to see me this morning, when all they could do today is talk about what cowboys we must all be.

I wasn't there, but I have 2 friends who had their families there for a day's skiing, and they came to see me this morning, when all they could do today is talk about what cowboys we must all be.

Captain,

I hope you gave it to your friends for tarring the lot of us with the same brush!

I live near the Murray and have seen some mind shattering antics from a minority of idiot skiers but I do not for one second think that your friends behave this way. Or for that matter what cowboys all skiers must be.

I really do hope you filled them in. Really.

Mark

I hope you gave it to your friends for tarring the lot of us with the same brush!

Sure did Mark ......... and made it clear that the RAA or HGFA would not tolerate this type of flying. I too have seen maniacal skiers, but that goes no way to excuse what they described as having occurred at Talbingo.

PS ..... is it clear that Trikes must operate under the same height restrictions as the 3 axis aircraft, or is low flying when away from their strip (say sub 2.5 metres AGL) a normal part of their operations?

Guest Andys@coffs
PS ..... is it clear that Trikes must operate under the same height restrictions as the 3 axis aircraft, or is low flying when away from their strip (say sub 2.5 metres AGL) a normal part of their operations?

Captain

With regard to proximity to the ground, the rules are exactly the same trike or 3axis. in trikes as defined in CAO95.32, for 3axis CAO95.55.

In both cases Para 6.2 (which is identical in both CAO's) clearly limits the times that you descend below 500ft. As identified in the original post none of those would seem to be the case.

In reality there is little difference, from a flying privileges perspective, in what you are able to do with trike and 3axis and from a rules perspective they are more similar than different.

I never understand why people who wish to flout the rules generally choose the most inappropriate places to do it. All it needed was one of the skiers to be a pilot, or casa inspector for his "fun time" to sudenly take an expensive turn towards the court systems.

Andy

Does anyone know who the wanker was in the 2 stroke Trike at Talbingo Dam last weekend chasing water skiers and boats about 2 m off the water?.

Apparently we have another accident flying to the crash site here.

To all, encourage your friends to get the rego of any clown behaving like this and refer it to RA_Aus or to this website or a member and we'll have the clown grounded.

Regards

Phil

i could be wrong, but if you 'swoop' someone in an acft its a criminal offence..and carries a jail sentace of a few years if convicted...not only is it stupid and dangerous to the pilts but also to those on the ground or water wich is simply unforgivable..wat a stupid stupid thing to do..thumb_downthumb_down:hittinghead:

Apparently we have another accident flying to the crash site here.To all, encourage your friends to get the rego of any clown behaving like this and refer it to RA_Aus or to this website or a member and we'll have the clown grounded.

Regards

Phil

Amen to that.

Ben

Guest Fred Bear

Yep, I think if the person(s) responsible for this are reading this forum you will see a smoke trail behind them as they run for cover now 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Silly behavior indeed you silly person 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

Guest airsick
In case anyone thought I was trying to promote that kind of behaviour with my previous post, I'll just say that the Trike starring in that Youtube clip came to a very soggy end.

Ah, natural selection at work...