Skytrans

zenonie

I've been on the Sytrans flights quite a few times this year, they go from Brisbane to Toowoomba, St George, Cunnamulla and finally land inThargomindah, then they go back again. The service on the plane is truly excellent, nothing is too much trouble for the one flight attendant. The plane they use for this service is a Dash 8 which seats 36 and cruises at 237 knots. It's a great service for us in the bush if we can get the cheap fare it's under $500 for a return trip to Toowoomba for me. Thumbs up to Skytrans!!!!!

I've only been on the Skytrans flight from Brisbane & Toowoomba to Quilpie, zenonie, but I agree with you, it's a nice way to fly. Looking forward to going on the new Toowoomba-Sydney return flight one day. It's been better than expected public response; they're talking now about increasing the number of flights.

The last flight I did to Thargomindah was a fair while back, in a Metro. Can't remember the operator, Macair perhaps.

Cheers, Willie.

Guest David C

Never flown a Dash series or anything similar , I must one day . The last flights I took in a high winged multiple engined aircraft were in Islanders and Trislanders of Aurigny Airlines flying between Guernsey and Jersey in the Channel Islands Lovely memories and views to match ..

Dave C

I've only been on the Skytrans flight from Brisbane & Toowoomba to Quilpie, zenonie, but I agree with you, it's a nice way to fly. Looking forward to going on the new Toowoomba-Sydney return flight one day. It's been better than expected public response; they're talking now about increasing the number of flights.The last flight I did to Thargomindah was a fair while back, in a Metro. Can't remember the operator, Macair perhaps.

Cheers, Willie.

Yes it probably was Macair. That Quilpie run is a real milk run it goes up to Mt Isa doesn't it? I find it fascinating to be able to see all the little towns from the air, and the irrigation areas. That TWBA Sydney run has really taken off. It was interesting the other day as there was a substantial easterly wind all day and so the pilots were doing proper circuits at each aerodrome all the way out, but would have been doing straight in approaches on the way back to Brissie, so really got to check out peoples back yards!

Yes it probably was Macair. That Quilpie run is a real milk run it goes up to Mt Isa doesn't it? I find it fascinating to be able to see all the little towns from the air, and the irrigation areas. That TWBA Sydney run has really taken off. It was interesting the other day as there was a substantial easterly wind all day and so the pilots were doing proper circuits at each aerodrome all the way out, but would have been doing straight in approaches on the way back to Brissie, so really got to check out peoples back yards!

Yes, zenonie, it does go to Mt.Isa. Haven't been on it for a year or so. I think the route is usually Brisbane/Toowoomba/Charleville/Quilpie/Windorah/Birdsville/Bedourie/Boulia and on to Mt.Isa, returning the next day.

It would be a good round trip to do, particularly in a wet year. Must put it on the bucket list.

Cheers, Willie.

That would give the old undercarriage a workout! I caught that plane once, got on in Quilpie and went to Mt Isa. Your right it would be good to do it in a wet year maybe have a week around the Isa before you came back, there's lots to see up that way. Where does you job take you to Willie? I have a brother who lives in Dysaght and operates a drag line for MBA and another family member owns and operates the Dajarra Roadhouse. Cheers

That would give the old undercarriage a workout! I caught that plane once, got on in Quilpie and went to Mt Isa. Your right it would be good to do it in a wet year maybe have a week around the Isa before you came back, there's lots to see up that way. Where does you job take you to Willie? I have a brother who lives in Dysaght and operates a drag line for MBA and another family member owns and operates the Dajarra Roadhouse. Cheers

I don't get out that way these days, zenonie; retired a year or so ago to look after my dad. Main base was the Cooper & Eromanga basins, but we did a bit in the Territory and Kimberleys from time to time. I've got a bit of a soft spot for your part of the world, though, having worked from St. George through to Noccundra and the South West quite a bit over the years. It grows on you.

I miss that country, but will be back out there for sure one day.

Cheers, Willie.

Never flown a Dash series or anything similar , I must one day . The last flights I took in a high winged multiple engined aircraft were in Islanders and Trislanders of Aurigny Airlines flying between Guernsey and Jersey in the Channel Islands Lovely memories and views to match ..Dave C

I fly on a -8 300 series between Brissy & Roma every second wednesday.The qantas link -8 200 & 300 series aircraft are getting a bit tired now. Never been in the new 400.

I fly on a -8 300 series between Brissy & Roma every second wednesday.The qantas link -8 200 & 300 series aircraft are getting a bit tired now. Never been in the new 400.

Hi Dazza, our youngest daughter flies the same route every second wednesday too, works for Santos out of Roma.