Air rage from Rex Capt

Whoa - now that's an outcome.

Well done to Rex for such a professional response and to you MM for notifying them (and us) of the incident.

It's hard for me to focus on safety issues with this airline.

All I have in mind is that ad where the beautiful woman is covered in ants and turns to her pet ant-eater.

"Sick 'em Rex".

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to think you were worried about putting in a report, and then Rex says - thanks Merv ( at least I think thats what they said, I'm still looking words up in the dictionary). Do you get a free flight??? Good outcome I think

Guest airsick
Do you get a free flight???

If you do make sure you don't take it until after their next bi-monthly safety newsletter. That way you can be sure the pilots flying your plane know the difference between CTAF and PAL.

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Sounds like a pretty good outcome.

MM, I wonder whether you've thought of writing an article about this incident and the outcomes for Australian Flying or any other aviation magazine. This has been an issue between a recreational flyer and an airline operator but it is relevant to everyone who flies. For those of us who are in the GA world but aren't subscribers to this wonderful website this incident will never see the light of day.

Bob

Guest airsick

I agree Numptie, a short article in FSA and the RA-Aus magazine would cover the vast majority of us. Everyone who has a PPL or is an RA-Aus member will get it then.

Yes, i am quite impressed with the way rex has handled the matter. The crew contest my claim that they were 3 or 400 metres away. They say we never got closer then 4 nm. My passenger swears he could see faces in the windows, and moreover, i had to steepen my turn to remain seperated. Now, i am a bit of a nervous nelly but i don't usually steeply evade aircraft that are 4 miles away. Im lucky to see them at that distance. (only kidding)

The primary reason i reported the incident was to make sure it couldn't happen again, and wanted to bring to there (the regional airlines) attention that ctaf's don't require radio's or transponders so the basic rules of the ctaf should be strickly followed in regards to circuit directions and things. The crew maintain that they had me on tcas the entire time which is probably true, but, what if i had been non transponder equipped or radio equipped? I would have been well within my rights to be descending on the deadside for the best into wind runway, and in doing so have a possivble conflict with the saab circuiting for the downwind runway..

Anyway, i don't think i could have asked for a beter outcome, hopefully we have managed to make a change at least with this airline that might avoid these things happening in the future..

• 2 months later...
Guest Kevin Walters

There are an increasing number of incidents where GA pilots VFR,IFR,RPT are making serious errors and then abusing R.A.Aus pilots on frequency. This has to be addressed. Step 1. Go punch the daylights out of them(not on the radio) Step 2. Submit an air safety incident report to NSTB.Step 3. CC to Company concerned. Step 4. Make sure YOU know the regulations and procedures.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

And as for them aggie pilots, within easy striking distance from an RAAF base...... shoot the 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif's down!!!!

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Welcome Big Kev!

Join the ranks of us who call a spade a spade! just be careful as you can get banned for this!102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif

J