Large 4 engine recipro powered aircraft in regular use in US?

Ranger_10X

And he died doing what he loved most . Crashing in he beloved Cessna. How he managed to avoid the children with both wings off the plane is a testimony to his great skill as a pilot..Nev

Don't forget that he was a great guy and wonderful family man, and an exceptionally safe pilot, and although none of us knew him, we'll miss our brother flyer for the rest of our days!

It can be gut wrenching stuff and often way off the mark. Many pilot's suffer from "it can't happen to me) syndrome also.'

I like the golfer statement: "The more I practice the luckier I am at Golf".

With flying analyse the flight afterwards

How well did I manage the flight and respond/ react to the changing circumstances? Was the planning/preparation adequate. While it's hard to be brutally honest with yourself it is a way to maintain improve a standard.

Some responses include.

Everybody makes mistakes

It wasn't my time to die.

When your numbers up, you are going anyhow.

We didn't crash so must have been done well enough

I don't think radar saw us as we were too low and I removed the leaves from the undercarriage. No one will know.

Better...

Definitely should have landed and refuelled at "Desert's Edge"

I'll double check my total flight time against my fuel required calculations next time.

Should have done the amendments and then I wouldn't have stuffed up the radio frequencies as badly

Last time I'll try to get the extra time out of an old dead battery.

If I just get through under this bit of low cloud the rest of the valley will be clear wasn't a good idea.

If I'd fixed that dud brake master cylinder I wouldn't have nearly ground looped it today.

Geez my cross wind technique is OFF. Must do some dual with the instructor, before I kill myself.

Mis- identifying that town ? How could I have done that? Being 6 minutes early should have alerted me that it was wrong. If I'd been holding headings better and noticed the drift increasing and blowing me right of track, it wouldn't have happened. Slack. Put me into unknown territory.

And so on... Nev

• 2 weeks later...