hi all, new to here, not new to aviation

yharry

i have just joined, yep i am a lame, and not a pilot.i do have an interest in ga and homebuilt and experimental.

some of you will know me.

safe travels.

welcome, and I hope that you will maybe learn to quickly have as much fun as the rest of us do here.

Geoff

Guest airsick

Welcome aboard Harry, I hope you find the forums fun and educational and also hope that you can see the fun in 'ultralighting'.

PS. I still haven't got my RA pilot certificate but want to. Am I a dinosaur too?

Guest Fred Bear

Hear hear. I'll shout you a beer on the weekend Captain :yin_yan: Now Ian, 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

I'm always getting in trouble here. You get that after my amount of posts 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif How a little bit more of this :yin_yan: and a little bit less of 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif whether we call it ultralights, recreational aviation, auf, raa, cia, kgb etc etc.

Guest Fred Bear
as long as it has wings, i dont care how its registered!!

Another hear hear! The beer shout at Narromine is getting expensive 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

thanks for the welcome

thanks blueshed, airsick and donkey.

some of you may have seen my other posts on this forum.

for your info, i only joined to be able to access those in the know to prevent email notifications about aircraft crashes being sent to my dead mates wife.

seems that he wasn't registered to this site, from the information from those in the know.

i don't want any more dead.

thank you and

safe travels

harry.

and rather than carry on a silly scrap here, pm me and i will talk to you on the phone

A rose by by any other name is but a rose.

Hi All,

I come from the early days of the AUF.when our aircraft were called Ultralights.

I`ve never objected to changing our name to the RAA, however, I believe it`s not so much the aircraft we fly or the name we choose that give us a bad name ,it`s some of the pilots who fly them and the way they fly.

We can call our organization what ever we like but the best way to improve our image is to be better pilots and reduce the accident rate.

It appears to me that even with better rules and better training and aircraft,that we now have,the accident rate is still,just too high.

I have flow many types,from a Scout to the Zenair 701 and I still choose to own and fly a 95-25 Maxair Drifter because I fly for fun and I don`t realy care what anyone chooses to call it.

Regards,

farri. 032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif :rotary::rotary: