Who's doing what on a weekend ?

Flyer

The scenario......

I jump into the Jabiru J160 located at Tooradin on a saturday/sunday morning at say 9am.

I get airborne and point the plane in a direction, .....what would I find in the way of club activity when I got there ? (bendigo, ballarat, lethbridge etc etc)

Regards

Phil

G'day Phil,

You must have been reading my mind, I was just having the same thought last night as the time gets nearer to me getting my beloved CT4 back and having moved to Melbourne. Maybe worthwhile having a regular "who's going where this weekend" thread for the Melbourne (Southern Victorian) folks and use it as an opportunity for those in similar locations can arrange to meet up at a destination or a primary strip before heading off to another destination.

We used to do similar with some of the guys from The Oaks, if we were going to Wollongong for lunch (really nice food there!) we'd try to get a few of the guys from there to fly over and meet up for a meal.

Anyhow, once I'm airborne again, I'll be looking for places to go and people to go with or meet up with...given our one and only visit to Tooradin, we'll be back there for a feed of fish and chips!

Cheers,

Matt.

Remember Jamestown Flyin And Hangar Dinner 19th April 08

http://www.jamestownairshow.com/ will be a great weekend!

Cheers Guy

ps did a couple fo TIF's for some friends of a friend the other day, they had a great time and you never know might learn, AND they come from over your way somewhere.

Graham & Michelle are there names if you come accross them! cheers

Guest pelorus32

I reckon this is a great idea. To start the ball rolling:

Shepparton has a lunch every Saturday at 12:30pm. It's $6.00 a head and if you hit a flash day you'll get dessert as well and that might cost you $8 total.

There is often a crowd and its very friendly. If there are a few of you coming then a quick phone call to 03 5823 5411 to let somebody know - either that morning or on the Friday. It allows for some catering adjustments. If there's only a couple of people you'll generally be alright.

One of the Lethbridge guys might comment - I think there is a barbecue there but I don't know the details.

Regards

Mike

Guest brentc

Tooradin had 9 aircraft and 22 people come in for lunch from Wangaratta on the Sunday of which atleast one of them was a member of this forum. I agree that this is a good idea and the possibility of a section dedicated to this should be considered. Does anyone agree?

I quite often do a ring-around to find out where the hot-spot is on, for example I missed knowing about the swap-meet on the weekend. Latrobe Valley has a good bunch for fly-aways, they have up to 10 aircraft go places on most weekends together and it's good to tag along.

The Lethbridge BBQ is on Saturdays.

Great ideas guys. Keep them coming. Looks like I might just have a couple spots to go...

Brent,

Would the hangar talk be open to all or just the Tooradin guys....could be an opportunity for an overnighter for someone perhaps??

By the way, nice work the other night. Great social outing and looking forward to the next one...:thumb_up:

Regards

Phil

Guest brentc

Our hangar talks are for everyone I guess. There was so much to say I didn't know where to start. Luckily Roger was there to talk about something else too.

Perhaps the next event I'll put on here somewhere when I send out the emails.

• 3 weeks later...

Alrighty then - we have the CT4 back and plan on spending Sunday in the air and looking for a destination - potentially a visit to one or some of the local airfields around Melbourne - who's going to be around on Sunday or who's keen on meeting up somewhere for a coffee/feed/chat etc.?

Great idea. Loxton have hanger talk, coffee and BBQ most Sundays for those wishing to visit from near clubs. Jamestown could be enroute for some flyers.

Phone 0418806466 and we will make sure of a welcoming committee.

Regards,

Phil.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif