Chipper2 - Fire-sale of Belite's Design/Business

Garfly

That's very saddening to hear. As someone who lost his home to fire (through no fault of mine, it was a power company fault that created overvoltage throughout the house), I know just how devastating a fire can be - financially and emotionally. To add to your misery, you are immediately grilled by arson detectives as a matter of course, to determine if there are any suspicious issues that might have led to arson.

This is the end of Chipper Belite aircraft. James & Kathy Weibe had everything invested in their business, and they have received a partial payout for the damage, which is inadequate to cover their losses.

In addition, the Weibe's had no business interruption insurance, so they are effectively finished as aircraft builders.

https://www.facebook.com/BeliteAircraft

This is a very timely warning to make sure you are fully covered for all potential fire losses. In my case, my house was under-insured and I lost out badly.

My house was not completely destroyed, but it was so badly damaged it was not economic to rebuild it. I demolished it, and it was never rebuilt.

I moved into other transportable accommodation I had on the property at the time, and a couple of years later I moved off the property to another region, because of a change of work style.

• Like 1