Off topic (not RAA)-Vietnam Trip

Guest Fred Bear

i see you are flying on the A380, a tip from a friend of mine who has flown on the A380 already, dont get a window seat over the wing.... oh, and dont look at the ceiling panels if your on the lower deck, from what i have been told is they flex quite a bit when a heavier person walks on them.

Guest Fred Bear

Ha ha 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Good stuff mate. Aiming for the upstairs deck with two seats abreast. If not, somewhere down the front with Emma (window) away from the wing. Seeing as though you can do an online check in now, we should get somewhere close to where we want.

with online checkins and seat selection, i usually always go for the last few rows, they are always the last to fill up, and every VB flight i have been on in the last few yrs, i have had the entire row to myself.

Guest airsick

I have recently returned from India via Singapore and the last leg of the trip was on an A380. I think you will be impressed Darren. The thing that struck me most was on take off. The thing is so big it feels like you are trundling along at walking pace and then all of a sudden the nose wheel is off and you start flying.

Have fun on the trip.

Guest Fred Bear
I have recently returned from India via Singapore and the last leg of the trip was on an A380. I think you will be impressed Darren. The thing that struck me most was on take off. The thing is so big it feels like you are trundling along at walking pace and then all of a sudden the nose wheel is off and you start flying.Have fun on the trip.

Yes, sure would seem slow on t/o 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Many call it the Dugong. Thanks for the comments. Rob, don't know the chances of getting the seats 2 abreast in economy up the top. Failing that, I will go for the rear (of the aircraft that is) 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest David C

Darren , I'd go for the two seats at the very front .... You know the ones , with all that glass around you .006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif :big_grin:.

Dave C

Guest Fred Bear

Oh yes, the mile high ones ;) Got's to get it somewhere one once told me 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

But I think you were just referring to the cockpit. Sorry about the dirty mind.

Guest Fred Bear

I can't believe it. Sitting here at the airport. The A380 is broke once again. Going on a 747 now and we are in the middle of the aircraft!!!!!! 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif NOT happy Jan.

Guest David C
But I think you were just referring to the cockpit. Sorry about the dirty mind.

Cockpit !!!... Now who has the dirty mind ... It's no coincidence that it's called that is it . Not that I would know of course .006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Dave C

Guest disperse

playing around with plane plotter this morning ...... and didn't see any A380's flying out.

So figured you were in the 747 and spewing...

Guest David C

Thats right Disperse . Spewing he was !! .... They left on 9V-SPP in lieu of the broken A380 . Better not to tell him , but the A380 was back in service today ..

Dave C

Better that the A380 broke on the ground and not over the pacific or something....006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

wonder how you go claiming new plane warranty?????

As for the snake wine...:yuk:... you can keep it Darren....it gives me nightmares...036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

Regards

Phil

Guest Fred Bear

Ha ha 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif You guys are funny!! Just at Singapore airport now awaiting the 777 to Hanoi. Atleast we have a window seat this time. Dave, you should see all the exotic aircraft here mate! Eye candy!!! As for the snake wine, it may do wonders for me in the hotel room. ;) Signing out for now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fred Bear

We are back. For those that are interested, I have slowly started adding our trip report on the web page we created for it. It was impossible to do it in Vietnam due to the very slow ADSL connection so I thought I would do it when we got back. Got the A380 home yesterday so that was a bonus!! For those that wish to view our online diary of our trip with pics the link is:

http://www.freewebs.com/ourvietnamtrip/index.htm

Click on 'our Vietnam travel blog' on the left-hand side. I will add more and more daily. Way too much typing in one hit. Enjoy.

Guest Fred Bear
Welcome back, hope the scooter drivers didn't scare you.Hay whats this drinking Tiger beer, gutsy play mate.

Bob.

Aha, that explains this over a weeks worth of gastro. Actually, that's probably from the Hanoi beer! I think there must be 20 million motorbikes there and I am sure we saw every one of them 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest David C

Nah ..... it wouldn't have been the Hanoi beer experience , most likely the snake bile soup that did it !!... beautiful stuff ..;)

Dave C