Friarpuk the flyer

Friarpuk

G'day folks

Hi I'm Friarpuk, and if you think my name sounds like it belongs to a larger man who wears a white dress on Sundays, you're right!

Before I became a Lutheran pastor, I was a tv cameraman for 13+ years.

But even before that I was obsessed with flying.

I have flown RC model planes and gliders for years, and in television spent a considerable amont of times hanging from helicopters with a tv camera over fires and floods etc. Taking pics of planes or from planes was always a bonus!

As a padre at Chinchilla Qld I have opportunity sometimes to fly out west with a retired 747 pilot who owns a Aerocommander Shrike taking church services in the bush. We would take services on Saturday and Sunday at key times like Easter and Christmas.

Sunday morning before too much turbulance kicked in I was given opportunity to hold the controls and keep the machine at 7500 and on heading. No doubt I loved it.

Now I am taking lessons with Mike Tuohy at Chinchilla in a Jab J160, and I find myself wondering why I didn't waste my money on flying lessons when I was younger, rather than the nonsense I use to get up to. It's so much harder with a family and other commitments these days, but what the heck it's only money. I'm just trying to figure out how a Jabiru might descend from the heavens, aerial manna from heaven one might say, that would appease my realisation that flying is the way to go.

Great days and good airmanship to you all

blessings

Friarpuk

The problem with learning to fly is that once you get the bug, it's very hard to stop coveting. Then once you start coveting, you start to justify your flying with opportunities to fly into remote communities to serve others. Now what runways are there in Coen and Hope Vale??? ;)

Cheers and enjoy your flying Puk.

Mathew

Some thing in comon.

Hi Friapuk,

Good on you.

And hello to you also,Mathew Ker, I`m sure you both will be an asset to the flying scene and those who need your assistance.

Take Care.

farri. :rotary: