Looking to share shipping from USA

Choice has a useful webpage with advice on shipping options from the U.S. to Australia.

I've had best success using a sellers "free U.S. shipping" option, to have items sent to a parcel-forwarding agency, which then sends it on to me.

The 1.2M length is a critical dimension, usually anything over 1.2M can't be handled by the likes of postal agencies, and it has to be couriered.

If you can find someone with an account with the global shippers, such as DHL, Fedex, etc, you will get a better deal through an account holder than you will presenting as a one-off client.

https://www.choice.com.au/shopping/online-shopping/buying-online/articles/shopmate-and-us-freight-forwarding-services

• Like 1

Thanks onetrack.  Also 1.2 meters is a guestimate.  Just measured the bent bits of my mates nose leg.  The thinner to tube is 190mm long and the lower 'U' section is about 240mm.  So is actually under 1.1 meters.

We had an item coming from Areos in Ukraine via Flylight in UK with despatch date the week that became the fist week of the conflict.

I'm also chasing the design specs if UK has the details and are prepared to share so I could get one made over here.  No luck yet.  I  have the bits of the original part so will measure it up for a build over here.  But first preference is to get one that's available in the states.  Regards Mike

• Informative 1