RV12 Released

Guest smenkhare

Guest smenkhare

Vans has released the RV12 wing kit for sale for US$5480

Estimated completed cost is up around $55K which is getting pretty close to some of their bigger, better and faster planes.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting, i am travelling to Oshkosh this year and plan to check this aircraft out in detail, will keep you posted.

Apparently they have not completed pricing on the entire kit as yet and are trying to come to an agreement with Rotax re engine pricing.

The only problem with their bigger and faster planes is that they weigh over 544kg, so you have to have a PPL to fly them, with the requirements for a medical every 2 years and therefore a donation to CASA.

The only problem with their bigger and faster planes is that they weigh over 544kg, so you have to have a PPL to fly them, with the requirements for a medical every 2 years and therefore a donation to CASA.

However, the thought of an RV6, 7 or 8 is worth any expense !! They are really impressive machines.

Hi All

Second post here.:big_grin:

I am considering building an RV12, does anyone know if it fits the ultralight category? I know the 544kg rule and the mtow of the RV12 is 599kg, so unless I'm missing something, you fly it under GA-Aus licensing.

Cheers

Damian

Guest brentc

You can register it under LSA category with a max weight of 600 kg's (coincidental eh?) and it can be either RA-Aus or GA registered. Therefore you will be able to fly it with an RA-Aus cert. You'll need to check up on the inspection process for LSA experimental to make sure that someone is able to inspect it for you under those rules, given that it's such a new aircraft.

Guest Bretto

Just received e-mail from Ken and RV12 isn't officially available yet

I'm now waiting for an e-mail back to find out when roughly these kits will be available and then will need to wait to get confirmation on crate sizes and weights etc

Nothing is official yet but we (myself and financial business partner) are looking at bringing a container load of these over when kits become available if interest is high enough

Guest Bretto
I believe the Wing kit is available for about 5K us at the moment and the fus kit is comming.

Yes the wing kit is currently available for $5480 US, then add fastener kit for $250 US and $75 for crating charges, and shipping from US to AUS

When we get some confirmed figures for the Empennage, Fuselage & Finish kits we'll be able to put together a complete package price landed here in Brisbane (with or without Lycoming engine)

As we will be hopefully bringing a few of these over at once in a container we should be able to offer considerable savings on shipping fees etc so will be able to pass these savings onto buyers

EDIT

LMAO - Just looking at Best Western motel near Van's in Oregan and this is one of the statistics on motels site (i kid you not lol)

1 mile(s) from Wanker's Corner Saloon 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Just what we needed to know LMAO

Guest Bretto

Just heard back from Vans, they still haven't finished testing yet so have no idea when kits will be ready

Apparently weather is pretty atrocious over there at moment so haven't been able to get plane out for some air time

I'll contact him in another 3 weeks and see where he's at then

Im Very Interested

Bretto and all others,

If you are considering buying contact me first. Im interested.

Not sure about the engine. I believe you may have to purchase the Rotax with the package.

If anyone is interested in just getting some wings I would be interested in that sooner rather than later. We could get a few together and share shipping.

Cheers,

Jim

PH 0403 22 8986.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Jim,

Good to here of your RV12 wing kit purchase.

I noticed a post from a expat aussie living in the US who imports cars to Australia from the US. It was on the Vans airforce site.

He has requested anybody who is importing kits from the US and requires help with shipping to contact him as he has regular container shipments to Australia.

Delivery time for the wings - Page 2 - VAF Forums

Hope this helps

Steve