Alternate Raglan Flyin - June 7, 8 & 9 2008

Admin

The Hervey Bay and Maryborough aero clubs are combining to hold the "Goodwin Field Fly-In" over the long weekend, June 7, 8 & 9 2008. It is intended to offer this as an alternative to the fly-in at Raglan on the off years now that Raglan is only held every second year.

It will be held at Goodwin Field, a private airstrip between Hervey Bay and Maryborough ( more details on the website ), so we will have no security issues to deal with. Funds raised will be split between the Royal Flying Doctors Service, Variety Club ( for kids ) and the 2 aero clubs involved.

More info can be found at www.goodwinfield.com

This as a great opportunity for forum members to get together. For a meeting point for forum members, please feel free to gather at the Hangar 1 display. We will have shade and chairs available. The location is great, no security a plus, the only catch is that it is within the Hervey Bay / Maryborough CTAF® so all aircraft will have to be radio equiped.

Please register on the website if you are coming along, we understand that weather may get in your way but we do need an idea of what numbers to expect. We would rather you register and not turn up than to turn up unexpected.

We are looking forward to meeting and / or catching up with as many forum members as possible.

Friday - 6th June 08

• 1600 Pre Dinner Drinks from 4pm (All Profits to the RFDS) - Major Sponsor Setup Time & Aero Clubs Site Preperation & Induction

• 1800 h’ordeurves with Rod & Linda Robertson - Gold Coin Donation to Variety Club of Queensland

• 1900 BBQ Dinner ($15.00) by HBAC

• 2000 Yarn around the Bonfire

Saturday - 7th June 08

• 0730 Hearty Breakfast ($10.00) by MAC

• 1000 Mystery Flight Country Pub Lunch 25min ETA

• 1230 Skydive with HB Skydivers on the 1/2 Hour

• 1500 Bundy Formation Flying Club Display

• 1600 Pre Dinner Drinks from 4pm by Rod Robertson (All Profits to the RFDS)

• 1900 BBQ Dinner ($15.00) by BAC

• 2000 Entertainment - DUO TBA

Sunday - 8th June 08

• 0600 Dawn Patrol (Wing Commander - Mick Ryan)

• 0830 Hearty Breakfast ($10.00) by HBAC

• 0930 Skydive with HB Skydivers on the 1/2 Hour

• 1000 Fraser Island Scenic Flights (Wing Commander - Mick Ryan)

• 1400 PAR 3 Golf at Eagles Nest Golf Course - 9 Holes

• 1600 Pre Dinner Drinks from 4pm by Rod Robertson - (All Profits to the RFDS)

• 1900 BBQ Dinner ($15.00) by MAC

• 2000 Poss Entertainment - TBA / BONFIRE

Monday - 9th June 08

• 0730 Hearty Breakfast ($10.00) by BAC

• 0830 Skydive with Hervey Bay Skydivers

• 0900 Depart at Your Leisure on the Hour

• 0930 Skydive with Hervey Bay Skydivers on the 1/2 Hour

CAMPING

Camping is Bush Style Camping on a Level Grassed Area.

Portable Toilets & Shower will be provided on site. (There is also dam to swim in though). It is recommended you bring a ground sheet and fly for your tent.

Fresh Water is also available and is Potable to your campsite.

Please do not feed the Cows or Horses on site (Separate Paddocks)

PLANES

Plane Parking is available adjacent to the camping area.

Tie Downs are not provided and it is recommended that you bring your own pegs and ropes for tie downs.

Pre Flight Fuel Check - Fuel is to be dumped in receptacles provided and not to be thrown on the ground due to the dual use of livestock on the premises.

FACILITIES

Apart from Toilets & Showers, We will also be offering full Bar Facilities under licence with all proceeds going to a Charity TBA.

Meals will be provided for Breakfast & Dinner Only.

There will be Vending Machines Visiting during the weekend for Coffee, Pies, Soft Drinks, Ice Creams etc.

What a Bummer Ian. With no Old Station display I have organised a Bushwalking weekend to Isla Gorge. All organised last November so as leader I can't get out of it unless we get no takers or it pours rain.

I would really have liked to meet some pf the members of this group.

Guys & Girls,

I have just returned from a meeting of the organising committee for this event. It is all coming together well and is looking like it should be a great weekend.

This is a really great spot for a fly-in with lots of fantastic scenery to fly over with Fraser Island and the Sandy Straights.

1_IMG_8619.JPG 1_IMG_8674.JPG

Make sure you mark this one in your diary and be there!!!!!!

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif098_welcome.gif.3d5ee1df950cced34f20fdc54b4337e6.gif098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif098_welcome.gif.3d5ee1df950cced34f20fdc54b4337e6.gif098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif098_welcome.gif.3d5ee1df950cced34f20fdc54b4337e6.gif098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif098_welcome.gif.3d5ee1df950cced34f20fdc54b4337e6.gif098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

As with most things this event is evolving as we sort out the minor details, please keep a regular check on the website for the latest information and please register if you are planning to come along.

Cheers

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

So far most of the aircraft that have registered for this fly in are RAAus.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

So what is everyone else doing for the long weekend? Come and join us to help make this into a great event.

Cheers

Mick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would post something to remind everyone that this is on!!!

We have had 260mm of rain since Wednesday!!!!! So rest assured it will be green and not dusty. The drainage is good so as long as the rain stops by midweek all will be fine.

Please check the latest details on the website www.goodwinfield.com and please register if you are going to try and get there. We really need numbers to help with catering.

See YOU there!!!

We're visiting Maryborough next week for a holiday, so would love to come to the flyin and meet up with everyone. Unfortunately we'll have to drive there, as Virgin Blue won't allow me to bring the Trike thumb_down

See you there

Kev

G'day Mick,

with the amount of polish on your Dova, I don't think the rain would touch it! 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

Might be an idea to buy some floats though. :big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

regards

Mick

The hire car company says I shouldn't drive it off road or through streams etc., so wondering if I'd be better hiring a boat to come to the flyin once I get to Maryborough? i_dunno

See you there

Kev

A full day of sunshine today is making us feel better.

If this keeps up all will be good.

Kev, we all know that all rental cars are 4WD so you have nothing to worry about:laugh:

Cheers

Mick

bitumen roads only

When you hire a car (including 4wd) you are usually required, by the hire company, to sign that you won't take it off bitumen roads. There is no mention of whether the bitumen road is under water or not!

Jack.:):)

After 2 days of sunshine things are looking better at the strip :thumb_up:

A couple of campers arrived this afternoon.

If anyone wants more info or a last minute check of conditions feel free to call me on 0419 123 933

See Ya There 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif098_welcome.gif.3d5ee1df950cced34f20fdc54b4337e6.gif098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Cheers

Mick

I think it will have been a wash out.

Not a good result for those that will have worked hard and invested a lot.

The risks of the weather!

J

The strip did dry out enough for us to go ahead.

Friday saw a Tecnam, a CTSW, a Cessna 150 and a C182 fly in.

Saturday we flew the Sportstar and Skylark in and a DHC Chipmunk arrived. Also a Cherokee 6 flew in.

Weather to the south was pretty ordinary which held a few back.

Then the rain came down in buckets 036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif:hittinghead:

Over an inch of rain in about an hour was too much for the already damp strip to take. This basically ended the weekend for us.

We still had about 40 people for dinner on saturday night, I am pretty sure that those that were there enjoyed themselves, shame more people could not make it.

Even with the poor weather stoppping most from getting there, we still raised about $1100.00 for the Royal Flying Doctors.

We will try again in another 2 years.

Cheers

Mick

Well we made it to the fly-in in the hire car, and had a great time. Thank you to everyone who made us so welcome - it was great to meet you all.

Yes the weather let everyone down but the organisation that went into this fly-in was absolutely fantastic. Had the weather been kinder, it would have been a great turn out and a fun place to be. The BBQ was second to none!! :thumb_up: We will definitely make it to the next one they hold, and hopefully be able to fly there.

Well worth a visit ..............

Thanks again for the invitation and hope the weather is kinder for you guys with the next one.

Safe Flying

Kev (..er, Carole actually).